Another DIY rear derailleur cage.

I’m afraid I have to abandon this path….. I got a 4mm aluminium plate and started to cut it but just realized don’t have the proper tools nor skills so can’t continue this way.
Final try would be to draw and print a 3D model and then cast it. I have the contacts for 3D printing and casting but no clue about 3D design. Can anyone recommend a free & easy software or give any hint?

Is there a Fab Lab near you? You might find a source of expertise and equipment there.

Is there a Fab Lab near you? You might find a source of expertise and equipment there.
Thanks, I know who can print it and then cast it , but missing the 3D design ... In the meantime I' looking after a Suntour GT RD, that will be period correct and will allow me to ride the bike during Xmas ;)

Thanks, I know who can print it and then cast it , but missing the 3D design ... In the meantime I' looking after a Suntour GT RD, that will be period correct and will allow me to ride the bike during Xmas ;)

A lot of Fab Labs will help access 3D design tools and training too. Fusion 360 is worth a look.

just tried with a rear mech extender and seems to work…. Pending live test during the weekend. Anyhow still looking for a cheap suntour gt re to compare.

Attachments

• IMG_0703.jpeg
    IMG_0703.jpeg
    479.4 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_0704.jpeg
    IMG_0704.jpeg
    440.9 KB · Views: 27
Thanks! didn't realize till now. Sent him a PM, hopefully still available.

Back