Another DIY rear derailleur cage.

Right, Spencer Wofl mods (there are several ones) was a source of inspiration, like the campagnolo rally cage, the Suntour GT and the XC with 3 pulleys. Also the old Shimano MTB XT rd's. But at the end , I want to create something that looks similar to the original, and the constrain I have is not to make it too long because then it looks ugly in my opinion.... I still have room for another hole and lower the upper pulley a little bit. We'll see the end.
like this one?

IMG_2526.jpeg

I’m afraid I have to abandon this path….. I got a 4mm aluminium plate and started to cut it but just realized don’t have the proper tools nor skills so can’t continue this way.
Final try would be to draw and print a 3D model and then cast it. I have the contacts for 3D printing and casting but no clue about 3D design. Can anyone recommend a free & easy software or give any hint?
send me some hand drawn scratch ideas with the few critical measurements, I'll draw them up for you and let you know if they can be easily printed (the best way, I'll print them :) ).

I found a pre-date campy triple crank to put on a vintage 1971 cinelli.

To take up chain slack, I had to choose between a Campy rally I had or just using the SOMA long cage (on a '71 campy NR RD) I also had laying around.

I went with the SOMA and while it does hang low (Its longer than the stock rally by 0.8cm) it works great.

No complaints, and to the untrained eye, it looks like it was always there.

Latest posts

Back