Biking and bulls

Re: Re:

suburbanreuben":nstmt3ea said:
Gentle beasts , especially on the hottest day of last year.
still wouldn't trust 'em though ...

Funnily enough, Highlands are one of the breeds I feel happiest around. Many. many times I have woken to the nostrils of them investigating my face, or the hill herd gathered amongst our tents. I am not saying leave your new borns laying amongst the herd, but of all the breeds they adhere to their image the most.

Things are different in Scotland as far as rules and regulations go, but generally common sense is the same wherever you go so just take it easy and respect your own abilities and the rights of land owners to run their land.

Re:

I have tried to lean my bike against a bull and take a photo, they tend to wander off;-)
Today I walked up to a bull that was sitting down, I put the bike down next to him and
before I got the camera out and turned on he was off, he went and stood in the little
round building thingie a couple of yards away, the bloke who was in there looked a bit
shocked:)

There are three places I go that have bulls loose, Boxhill had them for the first time[that I
know] last year, the bulls seemed to like it on the white path I ride on to get up the hill.
They turned it brown pretty quick, made me wonder why farmers don't have to follow the
bulls around with plastic bags;-)

Attachments

• reigate-bull.jpg
    reigate-bull.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 293
I like that shot. Cute bull.

The only time I have come close to being trampled was showing off to a mate when I was a teenager. He was bricking it as we passed a bull and I turned my back on it. Barely made it over a gate in time.

Back