Bianchi Martini Racing Titanio Team 1997

Re:

Wow, that's going to be a stunner! It's coming along very well!

Plans for the Fisher: Complete tear down, sanding out rust, priming and repaint any rust spots.

Parts will all be restored, those that can't will be replaced.

Should be good for a long winter project.

Re: Bianchi Reparto Corse Ti Martini Racing Megatube

Quick put

Smoke Dart reissues with Conti lite tubes
Ritchey WCS Grips and WCS Pro bar ends
A UN72 bottom bracket
Campagnolo Record O.R pedals
Avid SD 2.0L levers and V Brakes
Red leather and Kevlar Flite Ti

And it’s light - damn light! I’d say hovering around the 20 lbs mark.

Just a chain left to get - ordered a KMC 9SL drilled lightweight chain
Need to apply some logos to the Bar Ends and QR skewers
Get me a bianchi Celeste bottle cage
Sort the cabling and then adjust everything
Ride and enjoy - take some snaps

This could be even lighter with sub 500g tyres and a Ti bottom bracket.

:cool: thats looking so good built up

QuestionA to consider. ..
Should I
1) replace forks with SIDS (the forks already on are Very nice looking nicely made and very light but obviously won’t perform as well as Sids)

2) replace tyres with amber walls for aesthetic purposes - or green Michelin Wildgripper

3) replace the rear mech and shifters with period correct mech and shifters

I think the wild grippers do look fantastic, and a sid would look great. If it's going to be a wall hanger go for it. If it's going to be a rider you might want to just ride what feels better or makes you happier. Mine isn't close to original spec & I still love it. Huge mash up of parts that made me smile all bolted to a frame that is in my opinion absolutely fantastic.

Wild Grippers are becoming rare enough that I would be a bit weary of using them for an every day rider, outside of that a Sid would be really cool assuming it was freshly serviced and ready to ride.

Does that frame have an 1-1/8" or 1" headset? Just curious as mine has a 1", didn't know if they went to 1-1/8" on the bikes with the deleted rear canti hanger

I quite like he FRM theme and would stick with it.

I think the wildgrippers might be overkill, ideally try them, and the amber walls, i do like the black walls on this though.

And some period XT/XTR would suit it also.

Good points - I tend to overthink - I haven’t even ridden it yet!!
After reading the points here I’ll pass on the Wildgrippers as I do like smoke and darts - always faithful and consistently so - though the Michelin look superb and suit it (as per the race bike pics I uploaded above On previous page )
Only reason I’d want to period correct the Rmech and shifters would be perhaps a botm entry ..

I’ve some SIDS on another bike - black late 90ies which I could try but reading the points here - yes, I went with the FRM theme and makes sense to stick with it - I’ll see how these ride.

It’s for riding so I’d want things to work and work well!

As for headset - good question, I think I was asked that before - I’ve got to check - it’s a día tech headset and looks like a 1.1/8” - but best to check tomorrow.

Thanks again - I’m liking how it all looks and very much pleased with the Wheelset and that red Flite

Re:

It’s a 1.1/8” headset!

It has English thread 68mm bottom bracket shell too
Fairly standard throughout

Re:

Thanks for that! Your headtube did look a bit more robust than mine. Cool to know that they did make some running changes in production over the 2-3 years these were made.

Re: Re:

eshew":2bmfzo3a said:
Thanks for that! Your headtube did look a bit more robust than mine. Cool to know that they did make some running changes in production over the 2-3 years these were made.
No probs mate
I find it odd that they felt the need to make these changes - maybe to adhere to popular standards ?

Back