Gregory Vollet

The Selle Flite Ti Martini Team saddle visible here

Attachments

• AEF46A69-9759-42CD-B3E7-50552B7620BA.jpeg
    AEF46A69-9759-42CD-B3E7-50552B7620BA.jpeg
    184.7 KB · Views: 415
Re: Bianchi Reparto Corse Titanium Martini Racing XC

eshew":ac3v01b0 said:
Yep that's my bike! I stripped & brushed the rear after I had a crack repaired. It would have been impossible to just touch up the paint as it was lacquered & I didn't know if the repair was going to hold. Looked better than post repair though.

Ah, i thought they came like that, looks great like that.

Here is the picture i remember of the other bike i knew of, which turns out to be yours :)

Attachments

• martini.jpg
    martini.jpg
    257.7 KB · Views: 407
Re:

Thanks, yep that's my bike version 2.0.

Can't tell you how much I love it, the rear triangle compliance is very much appreciated.

Version 1.0 when I bought it left a lot to be desired. Little bit of everything on it.

I missed out on a black NHT version of the same frame last year, only noticed it just after it sold for a very nice price. Totally under the radar. Just like that saddle you're after. Saw one sell after the fact for under $30 usd.... oh well.

Re: Re:

eshew":1s9cfme9 said:
Thanks, yep that's my bike version 2.0.

Can't tell you how much I love it, the rear triangle compliance is very much appreciated.

Version 1.0 when I bought it left a lot to be desired. Little bit of everything on it.

I missed out on a black NHT version of the same frame last year, only noticed it just after it sold for a very nice price. Totally under the radar. Just like that saddle you're after. Saw one sell after the fact for under $30 usd.... oh well.
$30???!! Damn!!! The one on sale I showed here is way too much - but you know how it is - saw it in the magazine pics Then for sale and now I can’t think of any other saddle that would suit the bike!
I was thinking of buying an NTH frame email couple weeks back but it wasn’t a Columbus one -
Here’s two for sale here - but very expensive : https://www.bricklanebikes.co.uk/frames ... Filters=2m!#-!804&pageSize=32&orderBy=0&pageNumber=1

Very expensive & looks like steel.

Yeah I was pretty sad I missed that saddle. Had an ebay watch setup for a while but got sick of the random emails on items that weren't related. I am quite bothered about missing the black ti one though. It was really nice, similar to this one.

Attachments

• catalog scan.png
    catalog scan.png
    895.7 KB · Views: 376

eshew":3tldomdz said:
Very expensive & looks like steel.

Yeah I was pretty sad I missed that saddle. Had an ebay watch setup for a while but got sick of the random emails on items that weren't related. I am quite bothered about missing the black ti one though. It was really nice, similar to this one.
Man that looks sweet - I’ve never seen this purple nor black before !
That team saddle is far too expensive
I’m thinking a red or yellow leather Kevlar Flite ti From 97/98 for this -

Avid SD 2.0L levers for this
And got to contact ishaw for his 2.0 V brakes

I’d have preferred Avid Ultimate Black ops but they’re rare and way over my remaining budget

Attachments

• 5EA6BB53-7A62-465A-9D64-663A799F87D4.jpeg
    5EA6BB53-7A62-465A-9D64-663A799F87D4.jpeg
    129.7 KB · Views: 345

ibbz":a696cih9 said:
Avid SD 2.0L levers for this
And got to contact ishaw for his 2.0 V brakes

I’d have preferred Avid Ultimate Black ops but they’re rare and way over my remaining budget

Yeah Block Ops stuff is silly money. The SD Ultimate levers are a slightly cheaper option.

The Ultimates are appreciating in value and now are very expensive compared to a few years ago.

Question - are bikes and bike parts an investment? Or could they be?

Yes to some extent, as in you can make a profit from some of them. As with any investment though there are risks, will a particular investment actually make or loose money, the amount of which is not a concern, and when is the best time to sell to maximize any profit.

Personally i buy bikes and parts that i would be happy to just ride, look at and own in the event of the invention of free teleporters and flying cars, which resulted in the complete lack of interest in anything else from others :D

Latest posts

Back