Bernard Carré, Full French,70's, final pics p4, 18.48 lb !

Re: Bernard Carré – Anatomy of a Full French - weightweeniish !

Lovin this thread...

Re: Re:

sonicyouth":oc826vlv said:
8.3 kg (18.3 pounds)

you are getting tough on me froggie :LOL: ( I suspect you are :idea: )

you ought to learn your ounces though :mrgreen:

Re:

Well

first build of the full french light "stud"

the headset is just a nightmare ! easy to lose some tiny balls !

Nearly finished

Just missing bar plugs and bar tape and crank caps

when I have started to add all the parts weights , I thought a possible goal was to be below 8.5 kg.

Then measuring it in pounds, it was now itching me to go below the 18 ½ pounds ( 8391 g)

So for the anglo saxon public , that would be a rather significant achievement and tribute to “French cycling skills” in the 70’s :mrgreen:

Well, its missing bar tape and plugs, cranks caps but I think I will achieve that !

presently

8.360 g :cool:

18,44 pounds :cool:

I need to put the tape and possibly find some paint for little touch ups

Will do a bike check with final pics :idea:

Re:

Congrat ! (for this great bike and for this nice topic)

Well... i was pretty close ...
I win something ? :facepalm:

sonicyouth":371b70zg said:
Congrat ! (for this great bike and for this nice topic)

Well... i was pretty close ...
I win something ? :facepalm:

nope - no price - actually I think you "cheated" a bit - with excel or your calculator - thanks to my numerous hints :idea: :LOL:

Re:

I seriously did not cheat , i just take my Motobecane C5 (9,5kg original mount, i know the weight of almost everything on this bike) and i thought , this guy can easily get off 1 kilo...

So... why not 1,2 kg ... ;)

sonicyouth":3cspryl4 said:
I seriously did not cheat , i just take my Motobecane C5 (9,5kg original mount, i know the weight of almost everything on this bike) and i thought , this guy can easily get off 1 kilo...

So... why not 1,2 kg ... ;)

my apologies then ;)

Motobecane C5 in columbus SL :idea: nice derailleurs (rear success titanium) but yes can have improvements :mrgreen:

Re: Bernard Carré, Anatomy of a Full French,70's, weightweeniish

I got a second hand Mercian Reynolds 531SL from Rutland Cycles in Dublin in '81, my first lightweight as we called them back then.

Anyway it had a CLB brakeset, a bit unusual looking as everyone else my age (14) seemed to be on Campag Gran Sport, Suntour or early Shimano etc. Always worked well though,raced them from U-14 through to 2nd year Junior, including some serious racing.

The Z-Peugeot pro team used a later version of them when Joey McLoughlin, Adrian Timmis and Robert Millar rode them in 88 or 89 I think,though they had a white coating on them, same design - though they might have been licenced to Simplex who supplied Z-Peugeot for a season or so.

There is a front cover of Winning with Joey on the front cover with said brakes shown to good effect.

Back