Autopilot Car Kills Driver!

Hi Fluff , i know planes have auto pilot but they have had it for years plus their are no actual traffic lights up in the sky even though their are invisible flight paths and junctions but unlike car drivers they are put through more stringent tests so maybe something like tuffer testing would be appropriate and cars that will either take over driving when your tired or won't start if you've been drinking but at the end of the day all i've really been getting at is wanting a better proven system in the cars sooner rather than later and i'll have to come back to you as something has just come up in the family which i'll explain in a bit via pm ..

Ian .

Re:

Cattch you later, more important things than web chat/banter
I will say the advantage of the sky is there are fewer manually controlled planes and they have an up and a down but it still 'works' most of the time.
Plus these big things with guns on them can fly pretty quick to somebody not playing fair.

(My last part is automatic gearboxes etc, not fully automatic/robotic cars)

Re:

They are the future and then there will be sky cars and no more roads. All controlled by a giant supercomputer network....then a unexpected blast of solar radiation will out the system....then what happens ? I'm a big believer in self reliance, I would never trust a car computer to drive me. I still drive a manual car :LOL:

I'm still getting used to mine turning the lights and wipers on and off and the variable cruise control. White heat of technology.

Back