Are there any YouTubers here? (cycling channels)

Some more information about me and my channel:

I have been cycling since about 1993.
Have a degree/PhD in Materials Science.
Ran an online bike hire service for about 8 years in the Canary Islands (tenerife-training.net).
I would describe myself as an ex-weightweenie.😳
Had a total foot reconstruction a few years ago so had to take time off the bike for a few years.
Put on a lot of weight after that and taking anti-depression medication.

I have 5 bikes, the latest of which from about 2007. So I won't be reviewing new bikes and wheelsets.
At least, that's not the plan. There are plenty of people doing that, wanting to do that. I don't.
I may review older bikes/wheelsets/parts however.🤔

I have invested in a 4k webcam and røde microphone setup.
I plan on getting a GoPro in future, but I'm not really interested in recording my own riding behaviour.

I also have a downhill bike, but prefer how DH used to be (sheer speed runs), not like motorcross.

But I'm not subscribed to either Fabio Wibmer or Danny MacAskill.
(Sam Pilgrim is of course an exception, because he's a bit of a legend isn't he?🤪)

My channel is really the opposite of that. I try to remain humble.
I won't be showing off anything really, except bike bits!🤷‍♂️
I don't have instagram/facebook/LinkedIn/twitter.

I myself would rather have an uninterrupted ride experience with no tricks, purely for exercise and my own enjoyment, which is why I prefer to feature reviews only. (also because I know a thing or two about materials and manufacturing methods)
I also believe that there must be some people out there who are not particularly interested in seeing other people ride their bikes around...😕

I have also come to despise overly scripted videos because they just seem so fake and contrived.
I prefer a more natural conversational approach. Even if I do seem repetitive and aimless, it has given me more confidence.

I remain cynical/skeptical about the bike industry. I kind of have a love/hate relationship with it.

Subscribed to you pinarello…

I think MonkeyShred is here, too. Or someone swiped a pic of his Proflex and is trying to sell it. I recognize the brick wall in the background and the purple elastomer caps.
They post as MYST or similar

Yesterday's vid:

DT Swiss revolution vs Sapim laser spokes

Today I also updated my youtube banner with some info text (which you can't see in this thumbnail).

Attachments

• Youtube banner.jpg
    Youtube banner.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 1
Today's video:

I decided today to attempt to make one video per day... for the next 3 months. See how I go.😅
Probably won't put them all up here though.

I know my channel is not everyone's cup of tea, probably way too boring for 98% of people...
Still, I have an ever-growing list of parts and things I'd like to talk about. Some of them are older components, some new.

Back