AtBoy channel - bike part rebuilds and more

ATBOY

Dirt Disciple
Hello,
Like to share my channel here. Link: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC--QisWJrXghC2ja9fxHisw
For those interested I dismantle derailleurs and shifters mainly….and put them back together. Anyway, globally I think I’ve nearly covered all the mountain bike shifters of the 90’s era (couple still to do). Moved on to road shifters too. Plenty of derailleurs (obviously for the connaisseurs, the procedure is the same) that are mostly serviced the same way, but I repeat the process for the amateur who is unfamiliar.
I’m a recycler and like to re-use things. Blah blah blah. Lets begin with XTR M900. Shifter and Derailleur. since shooting these I’ve improved on general video quality. When I get new stuff, I can then update certain videos and make them more enjoyable, but also improved on the steps. I’ll be updating this thread with how to’s for anyone looking to service their bits and bobs.

Last edited:
Deore DX M071 3 speed and 7 speed shifters. Theres possibly 3 versions of this shifter (correct me if I’m wrong, I’m waiting to get another delivered) 2 that I can confirm internally.
3 speed shifter rebuild

7 speed

Looks like shimano made a updated version of these interally. Improved return spring design For the larger lever

Alivio shifters. Probably one of those shifters I’ve repaired the most. MC12 version

MC12 7 speed side

And the 3 speed Side

XT M008 shifter. One of the few shifters without that silly cheapo dial screen

3 speed

8 speed

Arguably the best thumb shifters XC Pro. This is for the 7/8 speed version. last one too. Xc pro thumb shifter rebuild

And the 3 speed side

A link to the channel would have probably been easier :D

Back