Anyone here from Oxford?

They have no companies house number & no VAT number so this definitely is trading illegally & looks a scam..unsure if the have a business permit issued by the local council? But I’d be keeping well clear…..
Not defending them, but you don't have to be a limited company to trade, nor do you have to be vat registered if turnover is below a certain threshold

Really?
It's just been working for me.
I've sent them an enquiry on their contact page. I asked several technical but hardly difficult to any decent shop owner, questions.
I also asked if I could call into the showroom to inspect the bike.
Not holding my breath on an answer.

Not defending them, but you don't have to be a limited company to trade, nor do you have to be vat registered if turnover is below a certain threshold
But looking at the site it’s having a big turnover hence my suspicions to always check the regulation authorities to ensure genuine authenticity before parting with your hard earned cash… very important to due diligence on any company first before parting with cash in my book.

But looking at the site it’s having a big turnover hence my suspicions to always check the regulation authorities to ensure genuine authenticity before parting with your hard earned cash… very important to due diligence on any company first before parting with cash in my book.
Is it having a big turnover? Where are you getting this from?

Is it having a big turnover? Where are you getting this from?
I’m just looking at the site & gut feeling……as pretty experienced at this kind of thing in the Far East a few times…..especially Indonesian sites thst look just like this

In theory it is having a big turnover.
But they allegedly have many top end bikes for sale all just under £100. Sell at normal market price and they certainly would be in the VAT bracket.
I'm not the best clued up on the minutiae of used bike spares and their prices, but even I know that a set of wheels from any of the advertised bikes will sell for more than £100.
Allegedly affluent Oxford greenhorns might not know that and be happy to spend £100 of mummies cash on a run about and have no clue as to its pedigree.

Back