Anyone here from Oxford?

Sir Neil d'Menture

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Do you know of The Bike Shop on Woodstock Road?
Trawling through the interweb looking for a bike and they seem to have what I'm after but at silly cheap prices.
As they say...if it looks to good to be true...
Website looks genuine but appearances can be deceptive.
www.bike-gb.com.
Anyone know of these guys and can they be trusted?

Last edited:
Looks dodgy to me… the address doesn’t link to any known road / postcode I can find. And some of the ‘about us’ text refers to clothes etc. I’d say it’s dodgy.

They have lots and lots of good quality bikes all for less than £100.
Eny fule kno that good bikes don't sell so cheap.
But they have gone to a lot of trouble with the website if it is a fake.

The street view of the address shows residential flats. The postcode as has been mentioned is bogus. The terms and conditions call it “Bikes Shop“ rather than Bike Shop and state that the website is run by Desshead Ltd which upon googling is associated with other scam sites https://www.scamwatcher.com/scam/view/639186.

And they spelled “accessories“ wrong on the homepage.

Dodgy is an understatement.

Yes, thanks.
I'd seen the flats too.
The deals on offer are just too good to be true. Wonder where they got all the photos of the bikes? Probably stole them

They have no companies house number & no VAT number so this definitely is trading illegally & looks a scam..unsure if the have a business permit issued by the local council? But I’d be keeping well clear…..

Last edited:
There’s been loads of scam bike sites recently. Someone has obviously worked out that cyclists are easy targets. So yeah, if something looks a bit too good to be true, it probably is.

Also remember to read the 'Term and Conditions' of BIKES shop 😆 postcode is about as genuine as a 60p coin,

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230909_121734_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230909_121734_Chrome.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 9
I am from Oxford and work very close to Woodstock road. Racking my brains as to where a bike shop actually is on Woodstock road. There isn't I'm fairly sure!

My suspicion is this is to scam students .

Back