IDing Faggin frames

FiveAlpha

Retro Guru
I just picked up a very cheap and very tatty bike. The frame is Faggin - pantographed on the seatstay caps and bottom bracket, with an 'F' cutout in the (ordinary looking) bottom bracket, and little 'f' cutouts in each lug.

130mm rear spacing, d/t shifter bosses and under stay cable routing all say 90s, but I have no idea what model, or what tubing. It has a plain 'Columbus tubi' decal, which doesn't match the suspected age, and it takes what appears to be a 26 or 26.2 seatpost. The only numbers I can see, are a '56' on the BB shell, which is the size.

Does anyone know anything about Faggin - the only info I can find is on high-end cromovelato frames and this is neither!

Thanks!

I just picked up a very cheap and very tatty bike. The frame is Faggin - pantographed on the seatstay caps and bottom bracket, with an 'F' cutout in the (ordinary looking) bottom bracket, and little 'f' cutouts in each lug.

130mm rear spacing, d/t shifter bosses and under stay cable routing all say 90s, but I have no idea what model, or what tubing. It has a plain 'Columbus tubi' decal, which doesn't match the suspected age, and it takes what appears to be a 26 or 26.2 seatpost. The only numbers I can see, are a '56' on the BB shell, which is the size.

Does anyone know anything about Faggin - the only info I can find is on high-end cromovelato frames and this is neither!

Thanks!
My 1988-1989 Faggin has no serial number either, just frame size. I could only guess it was pre-1990 but post 1988/87 by the the decals and paint scheme.

Yours seatpost size hints its a plain gauge tubeset like Columbus Aelle or Oria ML25.

Thanks, I guessed it was one of the more ‘robust’ tubesets, but didn’t know they used Oria as well.

It has no chrome and the paint is tatty - not worth a resto job. - will become a beater.

Back