And then there were three - Dave Lloyd content within.

The last pic looks a better size for you I imagine, the other two look like the posts are teetering on the edge..?

sinnerman":3r5zjlp1 said:
The last pic looks a better size for you I imagine, the other two look like the posts are teetering on the edge..?
I know what you mean, but what is interesting is that the rear triangles are all the same, the only difference (other than the obvious tube diameters) is a slightly longer seat tube on the blue / red one.

The blue / red one has become a regular ride alongside the DOGS, they are my go to bikes for all my general offroad riding.

NeilM":2lcyvalj said:
sinnerman":2lcyvalj said:
I know what you mean, but what is interesting is that the rear triangles are all the same, the only difference (other than the obvious tube diameters) is a slightly longer seat tube on the blue / red one.

The blue / red one has become a regular ride alongside the DOGS, they are my go to bikes for all my general offroad riding.

I see, whilst you have three of them, why don't you build one to a period correct build and compare..., it might add to the experience and journey..?

sinnerman":2dantj11 said:
I see, whilst you have three of them, why don't you build one to a period correct build and compare..., it might add to the experience and journey..?
I'm saying nothing.

Re:

Nice collection Neil. You're matching me for Zinns now :D

Glad it's back down south...

Carl, I think you won't win that one :)

Re:

Ringo generously let me ride the blue bike before I packed it up and sent it oop North, so I can say that all three ride very differently. They all have that on On ON characteristic which I think is almost certainly from their road bike ancestry and they are all quick steering but stable, but each one is noticeably different.

Once the blue one is finished, I will do a back to back, possibly somewhere like Haldon red run.

As for matching your Zinn's Geo, in quantity and rarity perhaps, but I think my builds fall a little short of your high standards.

Still, it'll make a Cats meet up a little easier to arrange now. :mrgreen:

Re:

I wouldn't say that Neil, it's all personal preference at the end and you build them how you want it, end of...

At least you get to use yours more than I do :?

:)

Re:

Time for a bump.

I said I would build this over the winter, but so far there hasn't been one. Never the less, I am now on holiday until the New Year, so work has started and almost immediately stopped, as I had forgotten I need spokes to rebuild the back wheel, the current 2mm spokes look like tree trunks compared to the 1.5mm's on the front, so, I will get some spokes on order pronto.

In the meantime BB in, Middleburn cranks on, Mavic 217 / Pace RC50 front wheel in Pace RC36 forks, X-Lite handlebars fitted to Ritchey stem, complete with X-Lite bar ends Shimano XT levers and Sachs Wavey 8 speed shifters. Ritchey seatpost in, fitted with Selle Italia Turbo. XT F&R mechs both installed, 1st generation V brakes still to be fitted.

I'll get some snaps once the back wheel is done and the tyres are on.

Re:

Been after one of these for years and you have 3, that's just not fair! :roll:
I'll have to console myself with the dogs bolx. That just sounds wrong. :LOL:

Re:

Actually, I now have only two, as I felt owning three of the five I know of was a little excessive.

The silver one now lives in Wiltshire, with Simon.

My Cats Wiskers regularly rub up agains my DOGS BOLX :shock:

Back