All Mod Cons...

I have to agree with the good Dr on the BFe and Prince Albert.

Member on here Letmetalktomark had a Pipe Dream Sirus, give him a shout on how he liked his. :)

I'm watching this thread with interest as I'm thinking perhaps maybe of swapping my MC Rumble F&F at some point this year for something a little less g-narlist, and am thinking along the lines of Steel, preferably British but options are open and the Cove Handjob keeps coming up in my thoughts......

I picked-up this last week... http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/250977318987? ... 500wt_1288
I love the look of the skinny Prestige frame and it feels nice to ride (albeit that I've only taken it around the block so far :oops: ).
I bought it as a stand-in until my new Canyon arrives in March.
I've already fitted a shark-fin to it :LOL:

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Am just looking at all options (Inc yours Mark...) and have had a further look at some 2nd hand Cotics. But once you're up to £250ish is it not worth looking into frames like the 456, Ragleys etc new?...
Seems the feedback on the On Ones not all that favoured, yet I've not found any reviews, either Journalist or private owner that suggest you need to budget in a Barge Pole?...

claret73":2yivzfnf said:
Am just looking at all options (Inc yours Mark...) and have had a further look at some 2nd hand Cotics. But once you're up to £250ish is it not worth looking into frames like the 456, Ragleys etc new?...
Seems the feedback on the On Ones not all that favoured, yet I've not found any reviews, either Journalist or private owner that suggest you need to budget in a Barge Pole?...

I was looking at One one reviews for weeks.

I could not find one bad review, and some of the people had owned On ones, Ragleys and Cotics and they seemed to favour the One Ones.

I'll get my coat

claret73":31vgesnr said:

I wouldn't pay 250 for a used Soul when 300 bags you a brand new Bfe.

Finished building my Bfe up today and had it down the woods for a quick half hour. Fecking awesome bike. Although they are based on the Soul and share the same geometry they are like chalk and cheese. The soul really flatters and talks you into doing stuff. The Bfe on the other hand calls you a puff and makes you do scary stuff.

Looking forward to a longer run out in the morning. :twisted:

Dr S":3g7u3trd said:
The soul really flatters and talks you into doing stuff. The Bfe on the other hand calls you a puff and makes you do scary stuff.
You should approach Cotic & see if they wish to use that in their Marketing... :LOL:
The £250 for the Soul includes my budget of a respray, hence considering looking at other frames in that price band. Guaging that the Soul is near £500. I think the BFE for me is going to be more Trail, longer fork Oriented. I'm 5'8 60kg & have come from a XC background. Leaning to 100mm up front now too. I don't want to limit my options but am not looking to be sat up on a DH Run anytime soon. The soul is 853 & have also seen Merlin doing their Lobsters at this price band too in 853, just dunno if I want another Lobster?...Appreciate all the thoughts though Dr S...Great Stuff!

Back