A Sunn Something! first ride, weird handling!

chrome

is the tube set from tange? and is there any trouble chroming such a light tubing ? i think the main reason for most old frames breaking is they rot through the chrome,was just wondering if it has any affect?

Smart :) Wandery steering -- is the headset a bit overtight? A binding headset leads to all sorts of weirdness.

Ta for the comments all

Not sure what tubing it is, either Tange or Fuji, but yes, chroming can cause issues, this one seems OK tho'

It does feel just like a tight headset, but it isn't!

A couple of things I am going to check, both cups look to have pressed in fine, but I wonder if the sealed races are sitting correct, or wether the steerer is bent, but I would have thought both would have shown with a waggle of the bars.

Great bike! nice to see you use it a lot!

here's a couple of (bad) pictures of mine (It's not finished yet and satin chrome, not bright like yours)

mmHXG.jpg

9vhRl.jpg

Cheers

Nice, I like the Satin Chrome.

Have sorted the wandery steering, the upper race wasn't quite pressed in properly, could just get a fingernail under it at the back, I guess the cartridge bearings are less forgiving, anyway all is good now.

gbmoto":2t4g78i4 said:
Really wanted to have 1" ahead forks on this, but they have been a real struggle to find

2nd or 3rd Gen Pace RC30 Chrome / Nickel plate rigid forks would look awsome :cool:

plenty out there & don't worry if crown is for 1.25" or 1.125" steerer as can be shimmed down to 1" with original Pace collars.

Been away for a little bit, but here it is in it's ultimate form (nearly)

Finally got a 1" stem, so the front is now completely adapter and shim free!!

c2ebf53f.jpg

Took it on the family holiday to France, hence the placcy pedals and spacers under the stem.

I do like the idea of a pair of RC 30's, may have a look around.

looking good. i have a mag 32 sl ti in 1" ahead form. could be tempted to part with it

Latest posts

Back