A Sunn Something! first ride, weird handling!

Something really nice about this, maybe the geometry, maybe the skinny tubes...don't know, but lovely anyway :)

Something I really like about Sunn bikes, can't put my finger on it but this one's no exception... :cool:

Many thanks for the comments all.

Hopefully will get it finished this weekend.

What I cannot understand is that I had it sitting in the loft all that time whilst I faffed around with other bikes, but now it is nearly built this pretty much sums up my ideal retro ride, oh well.

Very nice in an understated skinny way :)

Always liked Sunn bikes but have never actually seen on in the metal :cool:

I do like that frame, I think it looked even cooler with the green Wildgrippers on it in the other thread.

Sunn

They are prob the best riding Steel bikes you can buy, they folded as they just couldn't achieve sales at a sensible price, Kleins flew out the dealers (and all broke and dropped to bits as they do) and these just sat there unsold, despite being superior. Was such a shame.

First ride, still some stuff to do tho'

First ride

b02d9ad6.jpg

Rides very very nice, changed the gripshifts for stx plus some tesco's grips :cool: .

Clipless pedals will be put on for regular use and I need to get the spokes to build up the Mavic ceramics, but very happy with how it has turned out.

Plus Gil is sorting some stickers.

Will do a spec sheet when all is finished

bb71f9de.jpg

Latest posts

Back