99 Chromalusion Purpleen Cannondale Raven Mk1

Mr Footlong

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Hi there. I was toying with selling my 99 CChromalusion Purpleen Cannondale Raven Mk1 last year and if you guys could help me figure out how much she is worth I would really appreciate it thanks.

Full details are available here - viewtopic.php?f=21&t=112537

The long & short of it is that I have been fighting cancer for the last 1.5 years after it was misdiagnosed way back in 2005. I hoped I was clear in August but it relapsed in under a month. I work my nuts off, haven't had a holiday in 2.5 years and never find the time to ride/am not healthy enough at the moment really :(. The other half is no use as a riding companion, she things sub-8mph at all times is a speed and gets off her bike to go down/up kerbs! On the rare occasion now where I do get to ride, I use my Felt Z2.

I fell in love with the Raven but at the end of the day she is too small for me (I am 6'7") and she hasn't been ridden in a few years. She is sitting in the garage collecting dust.

We just got dumped out of purchasing our first house by the sellers, 9 weeks in to the purchase and everything we see is out of our price range so everything helps at this point!

Any input gratefully received, thanks guys!

Cheers,

Nick :).

Sounds like life has thrown some crap at you lately - but you are still here taking it on the chin so there's a plus!

Always difficult to value bikes - like cars they are worth what someone is willing to pay. There are a couple on Ebay at the moment for £500-£700 but given the spec of yours I would say you may get £1000 for it. Nothing like what went into it but I know you didn't build it with the aim of selling it at any point.

I personally really like them/it and if funds allowed would happily take it off your hands in a heartbeat. Don't think I could sell my Prophet for enough to even meet the price halfway though!

Good luck

Ade

Wow, thread necro. Sorry about not replying, I never put her up for sale but have never got back in to riding so am planning on putting her up for sale today. Pretty well hasn't been ridden since I built her, so almost all of the parts are in almost new condition still, bar the frame.

There is one issue with the brake levers, these ones are prone to jamming up if left for prolonged periods and will need a rebuild. Had it done once before by the UK distributors and it cost about £80 off the top of my head.

I swapped the virtually unused pedals with the identical set from my racer, as the bearings were getting tired, so the pedals need a service.

There is one issue with the frame, not structural though! When I got the frame originally, somebody had clearly tried to fit hydraulic brakes, but without understanding that the pipework could be taken apart and fed through the cable guides. They cut into a few of them in order to to put the rear disc caliper cable in.... It is an annoyance but other than that everything works as it should, just need to take a couple of closeup pics of that....

Back