'93 Scott Pro Racing , FINISHED !

Re:

Cheers Adrian ,

Bit of a slow one this , gonna get slower unless I can pick up a front axle/hub to replace that bloody cone ! :evil:

Gonna stick with black forks for now , can always go flo later . See how it looks .
Also hoping the canti hanger will stay in place , tightened enough against the two headset nuts , as it were :oops:

Mike

Re: Re:

Mike Muz 67":mvtf11su said:
shinobi":mvtf11su said:
Nice work mate , glad to see some " proper " shifters on this one ;)

Paul
:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
Has the canti hanger got a clamp bolt ?

Paul

Nice one Centurion :roll:

You should be on the stage , sweeping it ! :LOL: :LOL:

Re: '93 Scott Pro Racing update no 1

For the pitted cone: Try using slightly smaller balls. They are easyer to find than new cones. ;)

Thias":3ggeud6m said:
For the pitted cone: Try using slightly smaller balls. They are easyer to find than new cones. ;)

Hmmmm , another interesting get out clause ;) Was going to wet and dry , then polish it to get rid of pitting .

Mike

Dont do this. It will only get worse. The surface of the cone is hardened. And it has to be precisely round. Your only option besides changing the cone is the balls, really.
Btw: you might have other hubs lying around, like Lx, exage, any parallax type of hub. Nearly every kind of shimano hub will have cones, you can use for replacement. They wont be exactly the same, but they will work. The only Problem them is the sealing rubber, that might not fit.

Re:

Thanks for advise Thias ;)

I did have a rummage around , but only found rear axle spares . May look for a donor hub/axle . At least I'll have other spares then too . Don't want to knacker the hub body so will look out for spares mate .
BTW , happy weekend ;)

Mike

Mike

Re:

Hi Mike
messed that reply up a bit :oops: does your canti hanger have a pinch bolt ? have you sorted your hub problem ? might have something there if not too :D

Paul

Re: Re:

shinobi":o2hnl2uz said:
Hi Mike
messed that reply up a bit :oops: does your canti hanger have a pinch bolt ? have you sorted your hub problem ? might have something there if not too :D

Paul
Hi Paul , I did wonder what happened ! :facepalm: . The canti hanger is for threaded headset , but I filed the lug off as the groove in the back of the fork is not long enough . I'm looking for a donor hub or axle . Has to be no more than 10mm overall width as there is just the cone and the locknut . No washers .
Tried all the LBSs but no joy

Mike

Back