93 Klein Rascal

benjabbi

Bontrager Fan
Thanks to Mike @stoney_god1975 this turned up this morning. DSC_0913.JPG
The frame is in good condition, needs bb bearings and a shorter axle depending where I go with it. I think the fork and MC1 should be black so that's probably the first task.
I have two directions I could go in.
Either the predictable m900 route or Exage ES which I think would suit the colour scheme nicely with its light grey and purple logos?
Firstly though, according to the 93 catalogue this is a small frame, it's not small 😂 and the 135mm MC1 is definitely going to be too long. Can anyone tell me if they did them around the 100mm mark?

@Prodigal Son honestly all of that is what attracted me to it and the fact that it wasn't extortionately priced :)
I can add suspension easily if I want. I'm loving the colour too. The BB is press fit which wouldn't be my first choice but the bearings should be cheap and easy to change.

Last edited:
You have Bontragers. Klein kinda be on an opposite side of the circle. Its satisfying tô jump from one tô another

Last edited:
I see you are leaning towards changing the bar/stem color, I have a black one in good condition I could swap if you don't mind shipping to US. I have a purple/pink Rascal that the bars were missing so I found the black set but purple is preferred. Anyway, think about it and here is a pic of mine.

Attachments

• 20230829_154811.jpg
    20230829_154811.jpg
    836.3 KB · Views: 34
Originally, fork was silver with violet lower part. And the MC1 (1" inch version) handle bar system was all silver with black K KLEIN Logo decal on that bike.

Your fork is non original (shape) + self painted lower parts (non matching color) and the handle bar system came from another bike.

Cheers

@Proto2000 and @Elfman
I would swap/buy another MC1 but am only interested in the shorter lengths around 100mm.
@fguki
Thanks for that, I knew the forks were home done they don't really match at all, I thought someone had tried to colour match both fork and MC1 but good to know how they're supposed to be 👍 I'm leaning towards black for the forks and MC1, it would match the back end and it doesn't tie them to this bike, especially if they're not original anyway, black works with anything, also a lot easier than getting an exact colour match. These not matching bugs me already! 😁 I have a Mag 21 or a Judy SL that'll fit so might go down that route instead.

Last edited:
Back