'87 Fat Chance- Dirt Drop with Origin 8 'Gary Bar'

kaiser":3axkt9ck said:
Try rivendell for the same stem.

Excellent, I'll do just that, thanks. So much for my custom-powdercoated-and-matches-the-forks one-it's still good for the standard build at least. I'm also favoring the bars that have less flat on the top, less drop, and larger radius bends, the Garys are pretty tight for large hands.

I wondered why these builds seem to take awhile sometimes, people talk about doing a 'winter build', and I'm thinking 'WTF? It takes just a few hours to put a bike together....' Now I understand-custom stuff is trial and error, and getting the fit just right can be a bit elusive.

Funny how I can take apart and rebuild an entire engine in 3 hours, but a simple bicycle can sit for weeks (months :shock:)!

Have a look at the Nitto randonneur and specialized did a drop too which sounds closer to your requirements. The new woodchipper is also meant to be good for bigger hands. If I can find it I'll take a pic of the specialized bar :)

kaiser":1hzznwp3 said:
Have a look at the Nitto randonneur and specialized did a drop too which sounds closer to your requirements. The new woodchipper is also meant to be good for bigger hands. If I can find it I'll take a pic of the specialized bar :)

I have the chipper, don't like it much, and I have big hands. I really like the midge bar from ...I forget the name of the company.

kaiser":12cg2efy said:

The Specialized bar is almost identical to the above Nitto version with very similar drop and flare, very light too. I fitted a set to my RockCombo Rockhopper conversion.

4623928162_81b87fc0ae_b.jpg

I remember that bike AO very cool :D you should post it in the drop bar thread.

Back