70s Carlton Cobra? - Needs work and I need advice!

All old bikes are a complete pain in the ar*e, yet here we are :p Imperial cotter pins are available on ebay.
Cheers for the link! I will buy some of them if the bloke in the next street doesnt get back to me. Just seeing If I can find anything local as I get a bit impatient waiting for parts in the post.

I'll check the video out on refitting it Jim. I did wonder if there was a technique and funny enough I guessed it was pulled through tight with with the tread when it was nearly home. Glad you mentioned that.

While I wait for the possible phone call about this pin (probably will never come will it) I took the pedals apart and regressed them. I thought these would have bearings in but its just a plastic cir-clip and grease. Cleaned them up/ regressed them and its a lot nicer.

Screenshot 2023-04-08 at 15.59.43.png

Screenshot 2023-04-08 at 15.59.49.png

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
I forgot to update this thread! I ordered a cotter pin of ebay for the Carlton. I followed the old school advice and watch a few youtube videos to see how people we're possibly doing it wrong.

Anyway I greased it up, Whacked it through with a ball peen hammer (the opposite way to the other side cotter pin), Put the washer/nut on to check how far the pin was coming through and kept hitting it till the pin wouldn't go through anymore. Tightend it up and went for a quick ride. Much better!!

Screenshot 2023-05-05 at 10.26.14.png

Screenshot 2023-05-05 at 10.26.28.png
Screenshot 2023-05-05 at 10.26.21.png
Screenshot 2023-05-05 at 10.26.35.png

Back