1997 Amp Research B4 Mercedes Benz

Re:

As you can see the mount moves the brake out a bit more, the difference is about 1/2" in disc sizes.

Looking back through the thread, it looks like you've got this bracket. The larger (6.5") disc should fit the White hub and allow the AMP disc caliper to fit without the adaptor. Unless you've modified the AMP bracket?

If you PM me your email I'll send the drawing over.

Re: Re:

trail_head":1or0wck4 said:
I have both sizes of rotors. (2 front and 2 rear)

That looks like 2 fronts, the mounting holes on the small one have been modified.

Disc sizes for AMP's are front 6" & 6.5" the rear is 5.25"

Re:

By slotting the mounting holes on the smaller rotor the BCD matches ISO. The larger rotor won't allow the axle into the drop out but, it's irrelavent as I want to run the smaller rotors. Glad to know about those longer caliper brackets. I'll pm you later. FYI, there's two sizes of rears as well. I've got both, BCD and offset are the same for both.
2F9B2311-A778-4A8C-BF2D-AF030589DD6A-4800-0000080D0334FE6C_zps43202305.jpg

Re:

The round holed disc is the Rock Shox one, their rear disc was larger too. Which is what you've probably got.

Re: Help replacing brake pads

I'd appreciate any help with instructions and tips in replacing the front brake pads. Where would I find the correct pads or can I use any pads? I've done brakes on my Mercedes cars, but the calipers are 50 times bigger and appear to be easier.

Thanks for any help!

Re: Help replacing brake pads

DRBYEE":17870pjz said:
I'd appreciate any help with instructions and tips in replacing the front brake pads. Where would I find the correct pads or can I use any pads? I've done brakes on my Mercedes cars, but the calipers are 50 times bigger and appear to be easier.

Thanks for any help!

If you look under AMP on the auction watch on this site you'll quite often see the right pads. You have to use AMP ones and go for the green ones other grades tend to be a bit harsh.

To fit the pads there is a guide on the web, if you Google AMP Research bicycle it should find the page and if you scroll down there is a PDF for the D1 disc

Re:

From the D-1 manual;
B. BRAKE PAD REPLACEMENT
1. Remove the wheel. Remove the 3 mm Philips screw on the caliper pin below the “AMP” logo. Slide the caliper body off the pins. Push caliper pistons in all the way using a screwdriver between the old pads. Remove the cotter pin holding the clevis pin in place. Remove the clevis pin itself. Carefully note the position of the black “H” shaped spring under the brake pads. You will have to reinstall this spring in the same position during reassembly. Finally, remove the brake pads.
2. Place the brake pad return spring into the caliper body. Install each pad by using a small scribe or to pull the legs of the pad return spring over the brake pads. Install the clevis pin using a new cotter pin. Adjust the position of the pads (a small nudge will do) so that the caliper assembly will slide onto the caliper mount. Reinstall the 3 mm Phillips screw and tighten firmly (I use loctite).

Re: thanks!

Thanks for the great detailed instructions. I'll give it a go once I can locate the appropriate pads.

Re: brake pads

Finding the correct brake pads has been more of a challenge than anticipated. I've asked local bike shops here in Vancouver, Canada without luck. No one has anything that resembles the original pad. I've found a set on the internet from Australia, but nothing local. Any suggestions?

Back