1997 Amp Research B4 Mercedes Benz

Hello all,

AMP Researche sold all its stocks to Lund International. I contacted them to know if they still provide fork and rear stays reparation kits. Still no answer.

Can someone give us all the details of these reparation kits, please ?

Re: New retro wheels

Picked up a pair of White Industies wheels from FMJ.

The rear was a direct fit with the OEM rotor. The front isn't quite that easy.

I got really lucky in that a Gent in Utah has already had this problem and made an adapter and never actually used it.

Re:

There are two sizes of rotors for the AMP (and two different caliper mounts), the larger one fits White/AMP hubs, the other is for the early AMP hub as you have got.

That adaptor is to fit ISO discs to the White hub. The offset from the drop out is different, so you may find the disc wont line up with the slot in the caliper.

What you need is either a large disc and adaptor or a smaller disc with a large disc mounting. the latter will need to be made. ( I can supply the drawing for you, but you'd need to see a friendly local laser cutter.)

Re:

I have both sizes of rotors. (2 front and 2 rear)

I'm using the small slotted rotors, I like the slots better. I haven't received the adapter yet but, my measurements show that adapter will move the rotor outboard 3-4mm which will have it in the correct offset.

Here's the OE hub (top) and the WI facing each other. Oe =9mm offset, WI 12.3mm offset. The mounting tabs on the adapter should have the rotor in the right spot. Fingers crossed :)

Re: Re:

B3":1jsy752w said:
There are two sizes of rotors for the AMP (and two different caliper mounts), the larger one fits White/AMP hubs, the other is for the early AMP hub as you have got.

That adaptor is to fit ISO discs to the White hub. The offset from the drop out is different, so you may find the disc wont line up with the slot in the caliper.

What you need is either a large disc and adaptor or a smaller disc with a large disc mounting. the latter will need to be made. ( I can supply the drawing for you, but you'd need to see a friendly local laser cutter.)

I've never seen or heard of the larger caliper mounts. Pics?
I'd love to have a copy of your drawing for future reference :)

Back