1994 Brodie

Re: Re:

RockiMtn":1gp9237x said:
i know someone who picked up a threadless gator on ebay recently for $100. he ended up getting threads added to it.

Haha ... I missed that one by seconds.

Re:

That is interesting but why? The uniqueness is all that matters. Transition to more modern is always interesting and sometimes awkward . I also think removing material that was intended to be there can sometimes be dangerous. Gators are already minimal. Slave to fashion !

Re: brodie

kellyjk":26992672 said:
Thanks for the encouraging words. The colour will depend on the frame condition white would be nice but will show inperfections or eggplant could be a cool option. I had an Espresso in eggplant that was quite nice.

1 x8 or 7 is top of the list and race face components and no Syncros.

I willpost progress and start to gather race face bits .... this will be a casual build since I will need a project over the fall.

Does anyone know if 1 1/8 threadless gators are common?

Also a question that Roy can answer.... Can Harald still replicate the original Imron colours?
yes herald can still replicate the original imron colours.

cool no syncros. paul would be happy. :LOL:

the 1 1/8" threadless gatorblades are fairly rare. only a couple on here.
when I got mine and asked paul the same question he said....we only made a handful.
they went threadless just as front suspension was being put on everything. so
everyone had to have suspension.

real shame about threading that one. 30 lashes with a wet noodle.

Re: brodie

Retro_Roy":1gittfv0 said:
kellyjk":1gittfv0 said:
Thanks for the encouraging words. The colour will depend on the frame condition white would be nice but will show inperfections or eggplant could be a cool option. I had an Espresso in eggplant that was quite nice.

1 x8 or 7 is top of the list and race face components and no Syncros.

I willpost progress and start to gather race face bits .... this will be a casual build since I will need a project over the fall.

Does anyone know if 1 1/8 threadless gators are common?

Also a question that Roy can answer.... Can Harald still replicate the original Imron colours?
yes herald can still replicate the original imron colours.

cool no syncros. paul would be happy. :LOL:

the 1 1/8" threadless gatorblades are fairly rare. only a couple on here.
when I got mine and asked paul the same question he said....we only made a handful.
they went threadless just as front suspension was being put on everything. so
everyone had to have suspension.

real shame about threading that one. 30 lashes with a wet noodle.

sorry to chime in here...

Out of the four gators I have found one of them is 1-1/8 threadless... so they are around...

But don't use my luck as an example... three of the four are 1" :shock:

FYI, I will be needing threads cut in my 1-1/8 but would happily trade it for one with threads in it that's a tad longer... mine will work threaded on a 130mm head tube but all the 19.5" brodies seem to have 140mm head tubes...

I have to tell you, the idea of threading a threadless steerer seems little dangerous to me. The wall thickness of the threadless steerer is really quite thin compared to my 1 1/8 threaded steerer forks. Looking at them side by side to me it looks like inside the thread pitch is the same thickness as the threadless steerer. So when you remove more material there can't be much left. :idea:

I wouldn't thread it. No point. Our local bike nerd magnet is threading a mag21 steerer for me and he said it was not an issue. I'm inclined to trust his judgment.

I went threaded for the older look. Your bike will look awesome threadless. The cable routing and what not on the 94+ bikes sorta suits it. Nab a nice raceface stem and some turbines. Perfecto.

jimi911":s72jepx9 said:
I wouldn't thread it. No point. Our local bike nerd magnet is treading a mag21 steerer for me and he said it was not an issue. I'm inclined to trust his judgment.

I went threaded for the older look. Your bike will look awesome threadless. The cable routing and what not on the 94+ bikes sorta suits it. Nab a nice raceface stem and some turbines. Perfecto.

that is a super long steer... leave it long and go theadless.... :D

So the frame and forks are off @ Toxik design lab for new matching paint for the frame and forks. Paul is getting back to me with the build details. so here we Go!!!

Back