1986 brodie #115

Retro_Roy

BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
i will start off by thanking warhorse for giving me the opportunity to acquire this one.
warhorse found this one as a derelict in a pile of bikes on a local craigslist ad. thanks to
his keen eye it was saved.

fans of paul brodie may know he built 113 frames while working at rocky mountain.
that would make this the second frame paul built out on his own. a bit special in my eyes.
also, paul's records show it to be one of seven frames built with a 73/73 geometry. they
are listed as trials bikes in the records. the whereabouts of only one more is known so far.

i took it out on it's maiden voyage last night. i think i had a smile on my face most of the ride.
and probably said `i love riding this bike' one too many times. the rear rollercam still needs
some fine tuning. other than that no issues.

brodie 115 A.jpg brodie 115 B.jpg brodie 115 C.jpg brodie 115 D.jpg brodie 115 E.jpg brodie 115 F.jpg

i can't take much credit for the build. it is mostly what warhorse spec'ed.
all i changed was saddle, seat post, handlebar and grips.

one thing i noticed on this one is the icr on the stem comes in on the left side.
i am pretty sure when paul started repopping the stems he said he never had
it on the left. so never say never. :)
anyone else got a brodie stem similar to this one?

Last edited:
Ryan's Romax rescue has a stem where the cable enters from the left

Congrats Roy. Another piece of history preserved

i have a set of decals coming from ryan. the oddball style ones he had made
to match the ones paul used on his bike bitd. what should i do? from my observations
i have seen that brodies that don't have model name decals on them, just the brodie
decal, some of these early brodies have them placed on the top tube as opposed to the
down tube. i realize paul put his on the down tube. but mine isn't a reproduction of paul's
bike as ryan's is. so i was thinking i would like to put the decals on the top tube. thoughts?

What a cool bike. It looks sooooooo good. Digging the bar and saddle selections a lot, looks like a fun ride!

i have a set of decals coming from ryan. the oddball style ones he had made
to match the ones paul used on his bike bitd. what should i do? from my observations
i have seen that brodies that don't have model name decals on them, just the brodie
decal, some of these early brodies have them placed on the top tube as opposed to the
down tube. i realize paul put his on the down tube. but mine isn't a reproduction of paul's
bike as ryan's is. so i was thinking i would like to put the decals on the top tube. thoughts?
Top tube placement gets my vote 😎

I can't quite recall but some I've seen might have the TT Brodie decal placement near the seat tube, similar to the Romax decal placements? If so, that might be where i’d try them out.

Latest posts

Back