1993 Manitou FS

Re:

Those wheels look ace Gio :cool:

Re:

Thanks for the comments guys.

It'll probably be another 6 months before I do anything else knowing me :oops:

The wheels turned out to be a good deal. Took a chance as the rims could have been shot, but luckily after a bit of a clean and polishing, they came out ok. I've even managed to find some Sunn Ringle decals to go one them too :)

Re:

Very slow on this one but quick update now.

Sourced some nice bits for the build (which has taken a little while :) ) but hopefully now I can make some progress.

Here's whats (hopefully) going on the frame :)

That is lovely! Makes me want to get going on my FS build. Nice to see a build that takes it easy on the turquoise bits, going more black-centric. I was wondering were there any true Maitou quill stems out there (some that don't require the two pinch bolts for the quill stem adapter), never seen one except for the Dough Bradbury era Manitou stems which were solid aluminum without the CNC cut lightening structure underneath. I have a regular 1 1/8 Manitou stem on my bike but it kinda bothers me that I have to run an adapter to make it work with a 1 1/4 threaded fork (probably my OCD kicking in, nobody sees the part but I know it's there...mocking me?...).

Back