1993 Manitou FS

Re:

Small update at last on this one :oops:

Managed to find some of the parts I wanted to have spent a long time refurbishing the wheels I picked up from the U.S.

The wheels are Dia Compe Cronometro Mountain Attack's. I wanted something a bit different, from the U.S. obviously. I really wanted a set of Ringle straight pull hubs but there you go...got the Ringle Ti skewers though...

Other bits are: Grafton, levers, brakes, cranks, shifter pods (on the wrong way I know :facepalm:). I have pedal cages but no pedals (anybody?!?)

Looking for some Smoke and Darts (I have the hardcore versions on at the moment but I don't think they will stay) and some chainrings, but note sure what to go for.

Other bits are all M900.

Would welcome comments and suggestions (especially for chainrings). The attached pics are only a very quick mock up and nothing is attached properly in anyway :) Seatpost is too high etc.. (just incase anybody is wondering)!

Re:

Now thats looking sweet

I've gotta pull my finger out and finish mine properly, seeing that it one big motivator

G, that's looking great! :D

The only problem is.......................

Now im looking at mine again :facepalm:

Do you have a better picture of the tyres that are on it?

Niall.

unit3":6jezizcr said:
G, that's looking great! :D

The only problem is.......................

Now im looking at mine again :facepalm:

Do you have a better picture of the tyres that are on it?

Niall.

Thanks mate! It's taking a while and still a long way to go but wanted to put some kit in it to see if what was in my head works!

Do you think silver chainrings or black?

I'll take a couple of better pics tomorrow for you. They're basically NOS smoke and dart but the hardcore versions! They have slightly shallower but more rigid tread - I think :?

Giom6":1vkdgt46 said:
Thanks mate! It's taking a while and still a long way to go but wanted to put some kit in it to see if what was in my head works!

Do you think silver chainrings or black?

I'll take a couple of better pics tomorrow for you. They're basically NOS smoke and dart but the hardcore versions! They have slightly shallower but more rigid tread - I think :?

For me I think silver rings................

No black rings...............

No.........silv.......... oh im not sure :facepalm:

Got a PM on its way aswell ➡️

All black I think and you are right on the tires. The Dart HC Comp was the kevlar model of the HC. The Skin sidewall used the exposed brown tire casing for its sidewall and tested to a 64/A hardness. I'd keep them on but if you swap them out I'll take them.

Back