1991 Peugeot Black Mamba build thread

Thanks :) I know it isn't a purist's vision (especially when I post the next pics); but if the bike gets ridden rather than looked at then I'm game.
Lol, can't wait to see the atrocities you've committed against the peace of mind of original spec purists.

I'm with you, there's a place for restoring original spec and preserving history, some bikes demand that, but surely getting them out in the wild has to be the ultimate goal.

Lol, can't wait to see the atrocities you've committed against the peace of mind of original spec purists.

I'm with you, there's a place for restoring original spec and preserving history, some bikes demand that, but surely getting them out in the wild has to be the ultimate goal.
Yup, it's not a 21" Mardi Gras Ardoit with full NOS XTR/Cook Bros/HED so lower order funky 90's paint restomods are much more fun I find.

Thanks...It's changed again... wildly different tyres which will no doubt be marmite to people. Pics to follow when I add the inbound gloss black seatpost and Charge Spoon Teal saddle.

I'm not sure 100% it's '91, either that or '90. The only references I can find by googling are mentions about someone recalling they bought one in '90, and a couple of Flikr pics of an almost identical spec and paint scheme Python model saying '91. No catalogue confirmation.

I'll double check the serial number to see if it gives any clues as sometimes they do.
It’s 1990, a couple of mates at School had them and I worked part time at the local Peugeot dealer.
I have a catalogue at my parents house so ewhere in the loft.

Looking good! Interestingly, your forks are labeled as Peugeot ChroMo whereas mine are Tange ChroMo, I wonder if that means they're different years or something?

Looking good! Interestingly, your forks are labeled as Peugeot ChroMo whereas mine are Tange ChroMo, I wonder if that means they're different years or something?
Yes, I noticed that vs others I saw online. Probably something to do with the licencing to use the Tange name had run out so Peugeot built up the bikes with the same forks (no doubt already supplied) but added their in house branding, but that's only a guess. That theory only works if mine is a late serial number...which I'll check since we're thinking about it

Back