A grovel bike.....fastest build thread in the west!

Still hunting the grams !
Found some 😁
Tricky buggers to make ...surface finish critical!
If they fail....I guess it's footbrake time if that's not enough face brake 🤨

IMG_20220804_153410_465.jpg
Can you guess?

That's another whopping load of weight trimmed....😊

Originals 38 grams
These flicker the scales between 12 and 13...🤨
Scary....😁

View attachment 649577
Anyone recognise them now?
Ok you got rid of grams, but how much of extra grams you had with the paint?
I liked the purple, as i always prefer factory original condition, especially if it's mint like yours were, and i consider the most useless extra grams on a bike is the paintjob. I am on the lacquer coating side, less is more.
But being a weight weenie /gram hussard in our language/ is not my cup of tea, unless i ride with a heavy smartphone, and keys like this...

20220924_070319.jpg
Enjoy your ride, your bike became really unique...

Ok you got rid of grams, but how much of extra grams you had with the paint?
I liked the purple, as i always prefer factory original condition, especially if it's mint like yours were, and i consider the most useless extra grams on a bike is the paintjob. I am on the lacquer coating side, less is more.
But being a weight weenie /gram hussard in our language/ is not my cup of tea, unless i ride with a heavy smartphone, and keys like this...

View attachment 665304
Enjoy your ride, your bike became really unique...
I think I might of checked how much weight of paint came off....it's usually around 45-60 grams on a frame I've found. When it was purple it wasn't mint.
Not in condition or colour! 😆
A couple of my bikes are what I call test beds...trying things out just for fun....I so wish when I painted it id put another set of forks on as those are heavy...would of been nearly half a pound saving there! It was just an experiment on how much weight you can save using only time and cunning with random bits from stash!
Rides like a trooper tho comfortable and fast ✌️

I think I might of checked how much weight of paint came off....it's usually around 45-60 grams on a frame I've found. When it was purple it wasn't mint.
Not in condition or colour! 😆
A couple of my bikes are what I call test beds...trying things out just for fun....I so wish when I painted it id put another set of forks on as those are heavy...would of been nearly half a pound saving there! It was just an experiment on how much weight you can save using only time and cunning with random bits from stash!
Rides like a trooper tho comfortable and fast ✌️
Ok, you measured your cans, but you know what? I reduced the weight of this bike by 50 kgs in two minutes and costed me nothin'

20220924_191314.jpg

Back