1991 DB Apex

Update on the DB, I took it to the Cannock Twizzler retrobike ride this week and did two rounds on it and must say It did not let me down, It rode well and is a real workhorse.

Here are some pics of it in action :cool:

DBCannock.jpg

DB2Cannock.jpg

making_gravy_159.jpg

This Apex 91 it's really cool, I found one in NOS condition in local store, if the price's good, it has to be one of my family...... :D

This was my favourite bike as a teenager, I had the '91 catalogue and owned one of the lower range models from that year, still miss that bike!

I've just acquired a '91 Axis (black with white splatter and XT) which I'll have to put up on here soon :)

mynchiboy":1nzcti19 said:
I've just acquired a '91 Axis (black with white splatter and XT) which I'll have to put up on here soon :)

Oh please do :cool: I do love the early Axis they are so nice, I have just fitted road tyres on this one now at an attempt to get myslef in shape and it flies :razz:

Gravy Monster":2dlcl6nw said:
mynchiboy":2dlcl6nw said:

Oh please do :cool: I do love the early Axis they are so nice, I have just fitted road tyres on this one now at an attempt to get myslef in shape and it flies :razz:
My 91 Apex will have road tyres on, too.

Might put Smokes on for pics, though, just for proper nostalgia.

My first impression was eughhh. Thought it was pink LOL. :LOL: I had a Muddy Fox removed from my possesion and it was replaced with a DB Topanga in the most shocking pinky orange colour ever. Put me off mountain bikes for a long time.

In red it's cool. Thumbs up.

My dad still got a DB Apex in mint condition in black. Pretty sure it had deore throughout. Will check next time I see it.

everest30":21piy88v said:
My first impression was eughhh. Thought it was pink LOL. :LOL: I had a Muddy Fox removed from my possesion and it was replaced with a DB Topanga in the most shocking pinky orange colour ever. Put me off mountain bikes for a long time.

My dad still got a DB Apex in mint condition in black. Pretty sure it had deore throughout. Will check next time I see it.
They do seem to look pink in photos, especially if taken with artificial light.

Very red in the steel, though, if you get my drift ;-)

everest30":3a57zxof said:

Defo Red ;)

The wife's bike is pink :LOL:

Gravy Monster":1r4wb01h said:
Picture update , In its off road guise, Still riding this bike as my thrash dont care bike and its brilliant :cool:
Aren't they just?

Riding it again has brought back all my memories of riding my first - certainly how it felt to ride.

As one of these was my first proper mtb, I rode it for a good few years and had no interest in changing it, really. Only did when it got nicked - then that was for a 95 Apex.

Back