Cannondale M800 (Light Project)

Lovely, but at least it has been serviced at one point or the stem might have been stuck.

Attachments

• Twenty Five .JPG
    Twenty Five .JPG
    302.5 KB · Views: 20
  • Twenty Six.JPG
    Twenty Six.JPG
    322.8 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
122.5 will be too long for the crank in the picture, it looks like an M737 XT fitted.
It should be a 107mm length, though they may have fitted a 113mm if they needed to.

Best bet is to just look at what is fitted, if it is Shimano the length is stamped onto the axle just outside the shell. MM107 or LL113.
To confirm it was a 107mm that came out the frame from factory. Cheers @FluffyChicken

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
A trip to Halfords! £39.00 later for a few bits of flakey paint, I must be off my head. Then plus £10.00 for the small coded touch up bottle.

Frame and Forks needs a good clean first however, no rush maybe next week one evening. (So does my living room with all this going on)

Attachments

• Twenty Eight.JPG
    Twenty Eight.JPG
    454.9 KB · Views: 16
A trip to Halfords! £39.00 later for a few bits of flakey paint, I must be off my head. Then plus £10.00 for the small coded touch up bottle.

Frame and Forks needs a good clean first however, no rush maybe next week one evening. (So does my living room with all this going on)
I think it’s not good practice to clamp from these thin walled aluminum tubes. I prefer clamping from seatpost, or seat tube with a dummy post inside. Just my 50 eurocents.

I think it’s not good practice to clamp from these thin walled aluminum tubes. I prefer clamping from seatpost, or seat tube with a dummy post inside. Just my 50 eurocents.
Very good point @Vesatoro - the clamp has always been barley tight with an old sock in between, almost just resting on the clamp. When I removed the Bottom Bracket Cartridge the frame was upside down in a jig with all the force going into the frames triangle and not removed on the stand in that position. Anyway, point taken I have fired the old seat post back in and will work on that via the clamp rather the top tube. Thanks for the heads up, am too late down the road now to crush my own top tube by accident.

Attachments

• Twenty Nine.JPG
    Twenty Nine.JPG
    374.2 KB · Views: 8
Nope, not for sure. But I guess they might be 5/32 if there are 24 of them (by googling) https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/204467710559 .

)
@Vesatoro I have ordered a Tange Japan "Cane Creek" 1 1/4" AheadSet as a back up, it was a reasonable price and 1 1/4" are so hard to find. However I want to keep the Dia-Compe EVO set and see how that goes, so my plan is to keep the current races, clean it all and order 5/32 loose Ceramic Si3N4 Highest Quality Ball Bearings at Grade 5 and just replace the bearings and see how that goes. I thought about ditching the races and just using loose bearings however some headsets do not like the races missing apparently. (I will order enough loose ceramic bearings to fit in the races or to fill the cups without the races - then take it from there)

Last edited:
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
I have taken the 1 1/4" Nickel Plated stem to my partners this week while am staying over, the suggestion was they could polish it while watching some Netflix - its coming on well. "Keep Going" 🤪

Attachments

• Thirty.png
    Thirty.png
    40.8 KB · Views: 18
The new Tange 1 1/4" AheadSet arrived last week, I am tempted to fit this however keep the original Dia-Compe "just in case" - The Tange one just looks new and fresh. (I fitted a new 1" Chris King Black Sotto Voce to my Cannondale Saeco when I did that build in 2019/2020, 1 1/4" new King headsets are no-where, or I would be tempted)

Attachments

• Thirty One.JPG
    Thirty One.JPG
    427.2 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
Back