1991 DB Apex

Re: DB Project --"Out with the New and In with the Old&

Gravy Monster":3e1nkqdu said:
I hope I am doing the right thing :LOL:

I dint ride my modern Specialized Tricross enough and it gathering dust doing nowt.

I picked this little beauty up a few weeks back for spares but after some thoughts I am going to use it as an everyday ride that I can not worry about. I will be selling my Tricross and want to keep this.

My Aim is to keep it as retro as possible apart from the consumable items as I have come to the conclusion that if I run 7 or 8 speed it gets tricky for chains and cassettes so will use a 9 speed drive train (cassette, shifters and chain)

The bike came with odd wheels that were past their best so the LX black Mavics I had hanging up now have a perfect home.

I will post some more pics up when the rain stops as my camera is pants for taking indoor shots :? The frame is deep red and not faded red / pink :shock:

Cheers
That's uncanny!

I've just acquired one of those from a member on here.

It was my first real MTB, and I would have still have had mine, had it not lost it's fight against crime.

The one I've just got has got the original wheels (which are in excellent condition) and I've still got the original wheels off my first 91 Apex in the loft (albeit the rear is probably too taco'd to true), and all the original DX equipment - also in really good nick.

At some point, I'll post some piccies, I had an original seatpost (from my first 91 Apex) that's gone on, I've put a new-ish chainset on (period one) and some new pedals. I've put on some Psycho-Ks for the moment (that my 95 Apex came with), although for fotos I may put on the original Smokes that I kept from my original bike.

As I said, I had one of these BITD, and I truly loved it - rode it everywhere, on and off-road.

the first non BSO mtb i had was a black spatter topanga
funnyly enough that got stolen :cry:

had a blue axis 92/3 ish too, lovley bike ,the threads all rusted out the b/b shell :cry:

Re: DB Project --"Out with the New and In with the Old&

Neil":2jp9e3rd said:
That's uncanny!

I've just acquired one of those from a member on here.

It was my first real MTB, and I would have still have had mine, had it not lost it's fight against crime.

The one I've just got has got the original wheels (which are in excellent condition) and I've still got the original wheels off my first 91 Apex in the loft (albeit the rear is probably too taco'd to true), and all the original DX equipment - also in really good nick.

At some point, I'll post some piccies, I had an original seatpost (from my first 91 Apex) that's gone on, I've put a new-ish chainset on (period one) and some new pedals. I've put on some Psycho-Ks for the moment (that my 95 Apex came with), although for fotos I may put on the original Smokes that I kept from my original bike.

As I said, I had one of these BITD, and I truly loved it - rode it everywhere, on and off-road.

Yea mine was complete barr the rear wheel, The front is actually original Avinir on DX hub, I have the shifters and brakes still but will be fitting V's as I will be wanting to stop on this (unlike my others :LOL:)

I am getting all excited with this as I bought this for a song on ebay & I have only spend the money on the V brakes.

If you want the Rim let me know and I will Karma it to you as the hub is shot :D

Have managed to get this one finished now, Completed last night and took for a quick spin today, Its a beaut, It rides really well and the 9 speed with original chainset and mechs works a treat as LGF says :cool:

I have fitted a new chain, cables and BB , V brakes were a bargain Ebay purchase.

Thanks to Harryburgandy for the Levers and a special thanks to Mikesnowdon for the Karma seat post :cool:

I am really please with this mix and cant wait to get rid of the modern Tricross this is replacing......... retro all the way :LOL:

Dec2009234.jpg

Dec2009235.jpg

Dec2009236.jpg

Dec2009237.jpg

Dec2009238.jpg

Dec2009239.jpg

Looks the biz DB's are cool my favourite bike was a DB infact I have another now they are great bikes, keep up the good work :D

Back