1990 Kona Explosif

Had to wait in today so started building the Explosif up.

As usual i ran into a few problems. The post i was going to use was the wrong size, for some reason i had 26.8 in my head 🤦 so had to use another which is a bit shorter than i am happy with but is ok for now :roll:

The stem handlebar clamp bolts ended up being too short, if i really tried i could get them to catch but they would only be on a single thread, not good, so in need of some longer ones.

For some reason, despite having quite a few BB's, i could not find any crank bolts :roll: probably somewhere safe.. :LOL:

Still need to cable the bike up and fit a chain, oh, and find the other crank cap which just magically dissapeared.

A few pics, sorry for the poor light as it was raining outside so had to use the kitchen/studio :) P1011278 (Medium).JPG P1011274 (Medium).JPG P1011282 (Medium).JPG P1011281 (Medium).JPG

Last edited:
Yeah, nice job :cool: What's the wheelset.

This might motivate me to start mine!

Cheers guys :)

I had to go and look :LOL: the wheelset is XT on Araya, just put on to stand it up, have got some silver rimmed XT's i was planning on using but not at hand. The more i look at it though the more i think the dark rims suit it :)

And you definatlly need to build that beautiful Explosif you have up Adrian :cool:

Latest posts

Back