1991 Orange Aluminium O

stocko

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
After finding my Pace,which will be my wallhanger,i was on the lookout or a 'rider' and back at xmas time i came across a kona lava dome that was local to me,so i went off to collect. I stripped,cleaned and started to rebuild when i seen this Aluminum O up for sale. After looking at the options,i'm more of an Orange guy than Kona,so the lava dome was stripped again,frameset sold and enquired about the orange. A couple weeks ago this was on its way from south london,hand delivered by @markjohnson76. Great guy who i met at his parents house in Dorset,not too far from my house. Had a great chat about bikes etc,done the deal and was on its way home with me.
Its in great condition having just been repainted,but looks like the perfect bike for me.
Should be a quick build having got most parts and should look 👌

Serial number starts A0108

anyway,here's a few pics from today 20240412_145538.jpg 20240412_145548.jpg 20240412_160516.jpg 20240412_160551.jpg 20240412_160639.jpg 20240412_160714.jpg

Last edited:
Great to meet you down in Dorset! Really looking forward to seeing what you do with it. And seeing it properly covered in mud or trail dust, that bike deserves it.

Spent a bit more time on this today...

Fitted some nos ritchey forcelite bars and mounted the dx thumbies and brake levers.
The forks came with a new set of elastomers,so stripped the fork down to find the old ones mushed inside the fork legs. Managed to dig thm out and clean inside,though noticed the wiper seals looked brittle,so popped them out and have new replacement ones on their way,along with some new odi attack grips! Time to give all the parts a polish before i can rebuild them next week.

Back