1990 Kona Explosif

raidan73":1mbwuits said:
Lovely build Mark. You've given it high praise indeed!

Thanks Adrian, not sure what it is but the bike just feels a bit better at everything, tough call between this and the Brodie. The Explosif is just a bit comfier fit wise though :)

Will hopefully motivate you to build yours up ;) not sure if yours is earlier model so may be different tubeset?

Mark

Lovely looking bike and great write up I'd like to own one of these some day but for now I'll be building up a 1989/90 Cindercone with XT soon thanks to Adrian.

Re: Re:

Dossa":1tvbf4u1 said:
Beautiful machine :cool:

Thank you, its hard to capture the paint on camera, even nicer in person.

sinnerman":1tvbf4u1 said:
Very Cool... :cool:

Thank you, do you still have yours? :)

kingbling":1tvbf4u1 said:
Lovely looking bike and great write up I'd like to own one of these some day but for now I'll be building up a 1989/90 Cindercone with XT soon thanks to Adrian.

Thank you. I look forward to seeing your Cinder Cone :cool:

Mark

Re:

Really loving this as well. Lots of memories get conjured up seeing a proper build like this one.

Touches like the black m730 rings with silver cranks really make it special. Classic race proportions - just make you want to get on and ride it away! ;-)

mkone":2ycdeq4d said:
raidan73":2ycdeq4d said:
Lovely build Mark. You've given it high praise indeed!

Thanks Adrian, not sure what it is but the bike just feels a bit better at everything, tough call between this and the Brodie. The Explosif is just a bit comfier fit wise though :)

Will hopefully motivate you to build yours up ;) not sure if yours is earlier model so may be different tubeset?

Mark

It’s time, rather than motivation, holding me back mate. There’s been a little more progress since my last update and hopefully it’ll be finished soon.

Retro Spud":2wx5r9nz said:
Mark
Are you bringing it to Mayhem ?

I dont know, was going to then not then maybe :) was originally going to ride it but it needs a few things sorting for that and i have the Brodie and Kilauea to ride so not sure wether to bring this just for show.

Not sure when i will be turning up, looking like Saturday morning at moment, if thats the case then probably not.

Mark

Back