1990 GT Team Avalanche

gm1230126":3m6uh7hv said:
I'll have to post new pictures of this bike....It just got a frame swap. Found one with maybe 50 original miles on it. Still has the sheen on the clearcoat.

You lucky....... :D :D :D

Looking forward to see the 'new' one.
Sometimes I will find a 20" TeamAvalanche myself somewhere.

There....that's better. Original fork and saddle and cleaner frame.

Attachments

• PICT1852.JPG
    PICT1852.JPG
    62.3 KB · Views: 4,728
  • PICT1851.JPG
    PICT1851.JPG
    47.2 KB · Views: 4,727
  • PICT1850.JPG
    PICT1850.JPG
    52.8 KB · Views: 4,727
  • PICT1849.JPG
    PICT1849.JPG
    51.5 KB · Views: 4,727
That's as perfect an Avalanche as I've seen; well done :)

love the GT/A'me anatomic grips; one of my favorite grips. I could use another set.

GoldenEraMTB":b32nf448 said:

love the GT/A'me anatomic grips; one of my favorite grips. I could use another set.

Have a few pair of originals left if you are interested. I found a shop sitting on 15 or so pair about five months back, sold three pair and have used most of them on projects.

gm1230126":17jyibcc said:
GoldenEraMTB":17jyibcc said:

Have a few pair of originals left if you are interested. I found a shop sitting on 15 or so pair about five months back, sold three pair and have used most of them on projects.

most definitely. Shoot me a pm with your price and paypal; thanks.

kaytronika":2651d9gs said:
That paint job is amazing. I really wish GT would put a bit more adventure in to their current output.

With everything having shifted to powder coat finishes over the years I highly doubt we'll ever see production finishes again like the ones we did in the late 80's and early 90's. Visited factories during production back in the early 90's and watched some of these finishes going on and some were pretty amazing.
Getting the decals to sit nice on the textured paint was always a problem.

Back