1989 Brodie climbMax - finished page 5/6

Quick back story on this one; a friend in Vancouver found this on Craigslist a couple or three years ago and eventually moved it on. I was in the running but in the end it went to a local buyer, which is understandable. I missed out on it again a little while later but the third time was a charm (thanks Collin). By this time it was down to a frame and fork package, which at least made shipping a little more affordable. It came with the original bill of sale, from Spinning Wheels in Toronto - the premises are now home to a pizzeria and a jewellers 😢 Ordered in September 1989 with a DX groupset and braze ons added to the seat stays and to the P2 fork for a lowrider. That brought the total to $1870.66 CAD, or $3529.23 in today's money :shock: IMG_9454.jpg IMG_9470.jpg

Last edited:
This one will be built with a Deore/Deore DX mix, partly to reflect the original build and partly because of the parts I have 'in stock'. I picked up a nos DX post for a decent price and a used, but good condition, DX headset. Also a period correct perforated Turbo saddle, Brodie ICR stem and a cleaned up Deore u-brake with a Brodie booster. The seatpost binder is just a placeholder. IMG_9458.jpg IMG_9460.JPG IMG_9461.JPG IMG_9467.jpg

Last edited:
Another great purchase there Adrian.

That colour looks really nice, is it original? And i think the DX is a great groupset and a good choice as i know you will be riding it.

:cool:

mk one":31rlcgvm said:
Another great purchase there Adrian.

That colour looks really nice, is it original? And i think the DX is a great groupset and a good choice as i know you will be riding it.

:cool:

Thanks Mark. Yes, original paint mate. Strangely it was original stickered up as a Catalyst - you can still see the Prestige Concept decal on the seat tube. A previous owner removed the Catalyst decal, on the top tube, and replaced with a repro climbMax one.

Indeed, this one will be a rider :)

kermitgreenkona88":337idoxq said:
Looking fantastic Adrian loving the colour :D :cool: :cool:
Thanks Mark, the colour really looks great in the sun.

M-Power":337idoxq said:
Love these rare beasts :cool:
Yeah, I can't get enough of them!

al-onestare":337idoxq said:
Looks great with that stem to keep the theme. Looks like some new pads are needed ;-)
Possibly :LOL:

Latest posts

Back