1988 Overbury's Pioneer

Re:

Not much I'm afraid mate. I did get new decals applied a while ago in between making several jars of chutney :LOL: Decided to stick with the yellow as I think it suits the frame colour nicely. I must get some better pics next time I make some progress!

Re:

Well 6 months on and not much further forward :roll: Finally decided on the build so I got it out in the sun while I have a couple of days off work. Fitted a nos Odyssey Aerator post, just because, and will keep the slightly tatty yellow Turbo saddle as it fits in with the patina of the frame. Going with the Prestige T-Bone and matching nos bar. The wheels are temporarily robbed from the TJ Quick but I do have a nice pair to go on it once I've decided on the tyres (I hate the look of mock-ups without tyres!). The rest of the build kit will be pretty much all 6 speed Deore.

Great build, I love that frame.
What size is it? With the sloping down tube it looks like 15" but the overall it looks more like 17".

Jamis Diablo":177788rw said:
Great build, I love that frame.
What size is it? With the sloping down tube it looks like 15" but the overall it looks more like 17".

Thanks Jeroen :) It sizes up less than half an inch smaller than my 16" Brodies. Seat tube is 12.5" c-c and 15.5" c-t. Both have a 21.5" actual top tubes

Re:

Proper wheels on now; Mavic M6 Oxygen on XT hubs with Panaracer Ibex tyres. Just need some skewers to finish them off.

Re:

Looking good!
The MT60 kit will look perfect on this.
I'm looking for an MT60 equipped donor bike for my fillet brazed frame of mystery, from around the same year.
Cracking groupset

Re:

Thanks mate. You can usually find a half decent Deore equipped bike for a good price on eBay - except when you really want one :LOL:

Re:

I would love to know too, but if this is progressing as fast as my builds do, probably not much further on from the last photos... :D

Back