1988 Overbury's Pioneer

Re: Re:

Giom6":2hqy9s0p said:
Mate, that is lovely. How do I miss these things when they come up...

Decal wise, I like the hit of colour and dark grey and yellow is always nice. If you could subtly tie it into a couple of little components then it could work.

Alternatively could you go silver decals to compliment the nice shinny MT60 parts?

I like the yellow too Gio but silver might be nice.

Oh and BTW, you didn't miss it - you posted in the FS thread saying that you were very tempted :LOL:

raidan73":2gx1llvm said:
Giom6":2gx1llvm said:
Mate, that is lovely. How do I miss these things when they come up...

Decal wise, I like the hit of colour and dark grey and yellow is always nice. If you could subtly tie it into a couple of little components then it could work.

Alternatively could you go silver decals to compliment the nice shinny MT60 parts?

I like the yellow too Gio but silver might be nice.

Oh and BTW, you didn't miss it - you posted in the FS thread saying that you were very tempted :LOL:
I thought I did but couldn't remember! I think you might have pipped me to it ;)

Silver would look classy but the yellow would look cool. Why don't you leave the yellow ones on and mock it up and see what you think?

All good fun :)

Re:

I think I have some XT/MA40 wheels that would look the part, assuming the rear is 130mm. Perhaps a mock up is indeed in order :)

This build won't be anything pristine - just some half decent used parts :)

Re:

They would look lovely. I need to build a pair if those for the next build ;)

Look forward to seeing the build progress.

Loving the MT4 you have for sale too :)

raidan73":37sein3z said:
sold on it's bigger brother to another forum member who I unload all my unwanted, fillet brazed British frames onto :D

:LOL: I like USA & Canadian fillet-brazed frames too!

andyz":17u5fnvu said:
raidan73":17u5fnvu said:
sold on it's bigger brother to another forum member who I unload all my unwanted, fillet brazed British frames onto :D

:LOL: I like USA & Canadian fillet-brazed frames too!

I knew you'd see the post Andrew :LOL:

Re:

A bit of a mock-up this afternoon just to see how it looks......

Re:

Looking good mate.

Should they have any decals on the seat tube?

If it does I would be tempted to stick with the yellow as it would balance it out from the front section.

Would you end up with a slightly shorter stem or is that a spot on length for that frame?

Re:

I don't think there was a standard placement for the decals Gio. I've seen various combinations with the small Overbury's decals on the headtube, chainstays, seatstays and none of these. I was planning to put them on the seatstays for this one. The stem was just the first thing that came to hand. No idea on the length I'll need at the moment although I feel that the chromed T-Bone at 150mm will be too long. I have some silver M6 Oxygens too but I think I might use the MA40's for this one.

Re:

The 150mm stem looks great! You can always change it later if its too long. Regarding Overburys decal placement, they seem to vary a lot, not only in placement but in size and letter thickness. Not sure if thickness is the right word.....

Back