1984 Raleigh Record Sprint

Re: Re:

phantom photon":33izmvv5 said:
The pics show the setup of the bike as it was when I got it. I have since raised the seat a few inches to suit me as I am 6ft with a 33" leg so a 23.5" frame is the perfect size :)

Excellent
thumbs-up.gif

For amber wall - check ebay - there is someone selling Dymanic Classics for around £20 a pair.

Lovely bike and i can echo the JPS story on page one but mine as not Corgi - it was much cheaper!

Richard

Re:

Someone have word with JK the quality guy, is that rear brake block in the the wrong way round?
Always wanted one of these BITD but kids mortgage etc..
Great find, enjoy it.

Hi, please see my RRS that is used 2 to 3 times a week.
I have been slowly upgrading it back to original spec over the last few months and within the next 3 weeks it will somewhat change again.
I will be changing the following.
The rear hub is silver but I will be fitting an original black mallard hub
It's currently a 7 speed sach block but I have the original 6 speed suntour to go on
I have the black plastic gear levers to go on but to go even more original I have a couple more things to find and a decision to make.
Firstly I am after a A very good example of a selle royal saddle and a good example of Shimano 105 gold arrow draillieurs. Done the usual eBay thing but no good.
Finally I have a silver stronglight crank on the bike. I know that the RRS should have an all gold set however I prefer the sugino gt black/gold crank. I have bought 2 GT sets to make one good set but do you think I should go for the original gold crank.
I have loads of parts left from the donor bike that I have not cleaned up yet so if your interested or need something then let me know
Cheers

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 307
What year is your bike Craney72?

The '84 one was the only year that the bike had the all gold Thun Gamma crank set

After that it was the Sugino GT crankset

Given the weinmann black rubber brake hoods on your's I'd say it was an '85 (but I could be wrong!)

here is the rear mech on eBay: (this is what the '84 bike had, not sure on the '85 and '86)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vintage-Shima ... 2c85c8a10d

Why not post a wanted ad in the wanted section? The gear levers and saddle are generic Raleigh, so someone might have some lying around..

The saddle's look straightforward enough to recover with some time and patience

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
I believe it to be 1985 and it's the pics of the 85 on google images that I am trying to replicate as this is how I remember it. It's a lovely bike to ride at the mo, but I want it to look as original as possible. I could go to the degrees of re-anodising the gold on the GT crank but then I think I want it to look a great example of a 30 year old used bike with some wear on the crank and the usual flakey bits on the decals

The first number in the frame number (two letters at the start, N for Nottingham and then one denoting the month it was built) will be the last letter of the year the frame was made.

You have to allow for frame changes under warranty, as sometimes the frame can be newer than the rest of the bike

Re-anodising would mean losing the Sugino GT inscription

Back