i need your help, i want your encouragement/abuse etc!

John":6ko6730d said:
Think you need some abuse for taking out your summer road bike in the depths of winter. Cosmics in this weather, sheesh.

i know, but as i said in the first post, it was dry and the cosmics live in that bike and it was the 2nd choice as the first bike had issues, and don't forget i am an obssesive cleaner!! :D

cosmics and corima's were good enough for hammond in the cross last time i saw him race at southampton ;) my old boss races on spinergy tillium wheels aswel they seem to be holding up nicely :D

jonnyboy666":1r3kfsig said:
makster":1r3kfsig said:
I've bloody asked you twice this week to come out and had nothing back :roll:
And I thought we were friends too :cry:
It must just be me then I suppose..... my place at 08:30 Sunday, if you fancy the Purbecks, and no excuses! :LOL:

twice? i thought it was once? 830am and an hour away on a sunday morning? as in after a saturday night? you must be mad!!! :LOL:

just finished 2 days and 3 nights, so hopefully should be about for some riding . . . . but 8.30? :shock: :shock:

Just pulling your leg Jonny :D
I'll give you a shout during the week should I get a free afternoon mate

so today i got out on the bike! :D :D

i pulled the E3 out of the garage and rode to southampton, 16 miles there and then back via the hythe ferry, giving a total of 24miles, quite happy with that :D

was very windy aswel which made the first 10miles quite a sod :x but typically it wasn't behind me on the way back :roll:

should get out tomorrow but i have a few things to sort on monday so doubtful for then. we'll see what happens

i have fought Lysander off for another day!!! :D

today i did the same road ride that i did the other day, although this time it was defo faster. i can't confirm that as i don't have a computer on the cougar (the retro choice of today) but as i pulled out on to the main road from home there was another cyclist, so got into my give it some wellie mode to make the retrobike kit proud!! :LOL: after 2 miles i calmed down it to a nice spin but i spent most of the ride in the big ring although i should point out that this bike has a compact chainset 34/50 and a 12-25 cassette (the condor has 39/53 11-23) so spinning in the top ring is quite comfortable. i even stayed in the big ring up Beaulieu hill, which isn't exactly a mountain but for this time of year on my lack of recent riding i am happy about that.

only bummer is though i have aggravated a muscle ache in my lower back on the left side, it's not painful as such, just annoying. getting old . . . :(

got to go clean the cougar now, it's not as dry as the other day but it was more sunny :D

Attachments

• cougar veloce.jpg
    cougar veloce.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 1,220
Well done :!:

I have just done ten miles on my mount vision.....hard work as it is quite windy but good fun none the less :D

god has it been 8 days :oops: :oops: :oops:

it was mostly the rain that has put me off but also my back has been aching aswel, but today after running a few errands the rain finally stopped!! :D

so i did the same 20ish mile road ride on the cougar, and it looks like i have escaped the rain that looks like it's coming in the distance.

probably won't be riding tomorrow as i have an errand to run that may take all day ;) :D

Back