Need new elastomers for your Pro-Flex? Speak to fguki!

Once A Hero

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
A while ago, @fguki reached out to the Retrobike collective regarding his intention to make some new elastomers for various Pro-Flex models, and I got on board and started a dialogue with him.

I have in my collection a near mint condition 1991 Offroad Pro-Flex 550 however when I took it for a ride late last summer, the elastomers collapsed entirely;

IMG_4983.jpeg

IMG_4988.jpeg

I supplied Falko with what I believed were the dimensions (difficult given the state of the originals) and waited for him to produce a new set for me.
When they arrived they certainly looked the part - and crucially for my model of 550 they weren’t yellow or clear like most replacements seem to be - alright for later models but not mine.

A very small amount of compression was needed to install them, so I think we got the dimensions correct as they fit well.
There appears to be minimal pre-load compression when seated on the bike, and just an enough compression when loaded. These particular elastomers are very short so there isn’t going to be huge movement, but I think the hardness “60A” is also correct. Harder and softer options are available.

IMG_4986.jpeg

My 550 now has that authentic look once more, and furthermore is again useable :cool:

So if you need elastomers it’s worth reaching out to @fguki 👍

Back