Coolwall - Kona Lavadome

Coolwall - Kona Lavadome

• Cool

Votes: 6 100.0%
  • Uncool

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I take the line that things are cool for reasons other than cost/price.

As has probably been said before...VW Beetle (the WW2 derived one) is cool, the Ford Edsel is not cool, The De Lorean is not cool and the Hesketh Motorcycle is not cool, unfortunately ;)

Lava Dome :cool:

(sorry - have I said that already?)
:roll:

I find it funny that one of the main stays of 'our' hobby is said to be uncool!

It is true that from the Cinder Cone down the specs got a bit cheap, but that's the way most of us found our way into this obsession.

If the fact that some have said, only the expensive Kona bikes are 'cool'.Then I feel the point has been misssed yet again. :roll:

Sometimes I read what Retro bikers write on here and have to scroll back to the top of the page to make sure I'm on the right forum.

In my opinion, Kona have never made an uncool steel hardtail. I can only think that some of the negative comments in this thread come from our Aluminimunium or plastic pig rider friends!! It is true the older the Lava Dome, the cooler it becomes.

Remember without the likes of the cheaper Konas, Rocky Mountains and Marins our sport may never have evolved into what it is today. And for that reason alone. It's a cool bike. :D

al, oh he does go on, doesn't he? :roll:

al":1lxeawij said:
I find it funny that one of the main stays of 'our' hobby is said to be uncool!

It is true that from the Cinder Cone down the specs got a bit cheap, but that's the way most of us found our way into this obsession.

If the fact that some have said, only the expensive Kona bikes are 'cool'.Then I feel the point has been misssed yet again. :roll:

Sometimes I read what Retro bikers write on here and have to scroll back to the top of the page to make sure I'm on the right forum.

In my opinion, Kona have never made an uncool steel hardtail. I can only think that some of the negative comments in this thread come from our Aluminimunium or plastic pig rider friends!! It is true the older the Lava Dome, the cooler it becomes.

Remember without the likes of the cheaper Konas, Rocky Mountains and Marins our sport may never have evolved into what it is today. And for that reason alone. It's a cool bike. :D

al, oh he does go on, doesn't he? :roll:
What he said.

Thumbs up from me, wouldn't argue with a word of it.

Tallpaul":esm9e8sc said:
Neil G":esm9e8sc said:
That's such BS...Why is the Hei Hei the only coolest Kona, is it because it's expensive or something?

Weight, material, ride quality (rider weight dependant), 'prestige' builder....

Although I'd put the Hot in the same category.

That's being far too elitist...next thing you'll be telling me Fat Chances and Groves are cool.

cchris2lou":1jt7kh8c said:
it is a Kona , how can it be cool ?
How do you, personally, define "cool" - what does it mean to you?

I don't mean examples, I mean how would you describe it.

Latest posts

Back