groups of bikes, whats the rule on the road ?

Chopper1192":65iiokdb said:
Even riding 2 abreast the rider in secondary should be half-behind, their front wheel level with the rear of the insider riders bike. What looks stylish on The Tour doesn't translate to safe progress on public road.
Are you serious?

If you half wheel in a club run you are more of a menace? You state that; the rider in secondary should be half-behind, their front wheel level with the rear of the insider riders bike.

So what happens if a pothole appears?

Yes, very serious. I teach this for a living, remember. Side by side you'd both be on the floor, secondary rider hanging back you usually have the time and distance to escape without gathering each other up, and the secondary rider has a full vie if their colleague on the inside. The riders should also be communicating with each other 're hazards, the primary rider calling out ahead and secondary to the sides and rear, though neither should stand on ceremony of they spot something outside their own arc.

Ride parallel and not only can you not see what the inside man is doing without turning your head 90 degrees, but if one has to move suddenly to avoid an obstacle they're highly likely to turn their friend into an ex friend. If you're both roadies you'll liable be travelling quick by bike standards, will have less time to react and have more kinetic energy at play when it goes wrong.

Even trying it deliberately (and we get our students to t it deliberately in the safe environment to prove the point) its all but impossible to take out your partner if you're staggered. If you're parallel it's difficult not to do so when it goes breasts skyward. It's an internationally used technique, written in the blood of less careful riders.

stewlewis":23itc9tb said:
True, much like many tractors, trucks, pensioners. If there's a queue of 5 or more vehicles behind you should shift.

These days you'll never get anywhere if you pull over everytime there are 5 vehicles behind you. :?

videojetman":2qyojiua said:
can anyone tell me what the rule is on a bunch of bikes on a road. say around 20 bikes.

Simple :

Rule 1 : Miniguns and rocket launchers are allowed. Grenades too if the group exceeds 25 riders.
Rule 2 : if the vehicle is equipped with 4WD and off-road tyres, you may run them over.
Rule 3 : 10 bonus points if you get the one with the yellow jersey.
Rule 4 : 1 extra style point for each one you take out with the door.

I'll get me coat :oops:

daugs":gfpztjmi said:
I just assumed that once you reached a certain status in club and rode in a big group that you got secret code to be able to call down weapons of mass destruction allowing you to do what ever you liked on the road, or was it just safety in numbers and a desire to wanting to make the motorist pay

the only large event I've done where big group was the monopoly run in London - chaos,

Safety in numbers?

Tell that to 6 million jews.

Just learned about Godwins Law on another thread. Does this apply here? :LOL: spooky tat is the next post I see!

The History Man":39nyxn6f said:
Just learned about Godwins Law on another thread. Does this apply here? :LOL: spooky tat is the next post I see!

it is and reference by same poster, :shock:

Latest posts

Back