Who has owned their Retrobike from new?

I've had my 1997 GT Bravado from new.
Sadly all the other bikes I've had before it were either sold on or stolen.

NWA-Clwydian-Bravado.jpg

@ danson67: Lovely bike! I like those Rollercam-only bikes from the eighties a lot! :D

My two bikes bought in 1991:

Specialized HardRock

Cannondale SM 2000

Still have my first. Just as a frame now but i'll never part with!
My 1st ever mountain bike! I wanted this so so much it hurt as a teenager! This was bought in the chritmas of 92. Its orginal spec was full exiage. Bonti rims and finishing kit (seat, post, bars and stem) Really random forks which i snapped on my 1st XC Mtb race at Sherwood pines in Feb 93 and Panaracer Dart 2.1 up front and Smoke 1.9 rear. This frame has seen some real hammer and covered 1000's of miles! Rode her for 6yrs or more before buying a yellow Zaskar. Has been built up and stripped again plenty of times. may come back at some point in the not to distant future?

Attachments

• dsc04014_197.jpg
    dsc04014_197.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 1,348
Old Bikes

Hiya~I got my Orange in 89 from Aire Valley Cycles.Used in the Dales and around Bradford,then a few years as a commuter.Now in regular use again and slowly upgraded.Bought in basic spec at time.
Sals Killer V was bought new in 93/94 in London.Used around Brecons and Dorset.Now back in use around Lincolnshire Wolds.Still fairly original apart from sprockets /chains.

P.S The yellow Tigger bell is not original !

Attachments

• 14.4.12 045 (800x600).jpg
    14.4.12 045 (800x600).jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 1,335
i wish that i kept my cinelli multifluo that i brought bitd this is a picture i found as i don't have any pictures of mine.

2wh2xht.jpg

hind sight is a wonderful thing.
cheers dave

I bought my Stumpjumper M2 new in '97 from the now defunct Sensible Cycles in Liss.

A pic from late '97.

IMGP0094.jpg

And one from a month ago. :D

IMGP0360.jpg

Bought from Freewheel in Nottingham in '91. Loved it from the minute I saw it. Still do. Currently doing road duty but soon to be back where it belongs.
Original colour was Cinder Gold but the finish had taken such a pounding that a respray was necessary. Two attempts to match the original colour failed but never mind, I still find it one handsome bike.

Attachments

• CC1s.jpg
    CC1s.jpg
    185.4 KB · Views: 1,119
In the borderline retro camp, my '98 Kila, onwed since new.

Attachments

• IMG_8702_web.jpg
    IMG_8702_web.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 1,110
Bought my 91 Alu pro new in 92 from the long gone Whingate cycles, it was a sad day last Monday as it was turned into wallart, yes I finally stripped it for parts but I'll be keeping the cracked frame for old time's sake.
Matthew :(

Back