Bikes I've never owned....but thought I might like to!

Tootyred

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
There's a points in your like you start to think about all the things you have never done...

So, whilst walking though a sleepy village, I saw a rather tatty early cannondale mtb hanging at a jaunty angle on a pub fence.....ideal transport....

I noticed it for 3 reasons...

1. Its rather odd geometry, with massively long chain stays, nitto 22.2mm stem etc....so it must be mid 80s?

2. It was on a pub fence....and as im on dry jan/ feb, i was staring at the pub quite hard.!

3. I've never owned or even ridden a Canondale.....but I always fancied one.

So that prompts the question, what bikes have you never owned, but always fancied a go on.....doesn't need to be expensive or fancy....?

not retro but since they hit the scene I have always wanted to try - not buy - a fat bike and now I would like to try - not buy - a modern gravel bike.

Something UK built and fillet brazed, Roberts, Yates, Lloyd, that sort of thing
Good call. Theres some nice custom kit out there. I've always fancied a roberts made to my size.....but that's a hard one now😥

Unless you count winston vas output!

Its pity there isn't (or I assume there isn't) shows or "bike track day" experiences....you know pay £100 for the day go to a center, and ride a (insert retro icon here) for a while.

Maybe that's how we all retire early and make some money from our hobby!

Back