All Mod Cons...

There are 4X guys using Bfes with 100mm forks. Mines built like a tank with a set of burly AM wheels and 2.5 DH rubber and still comes in at 28.5 lbs. Remember the Bfe is just a tougher Soul with the same geometry so is still a great XC bike, just a pound heavier.

Souls tend to get riden hard. Just consider this when buying second hand.

makster":2gq2335k said:
I picked-up this last week... http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/250977318987? ... 500wt_1288
I love the look of the skinny Prestige frame and it feels nice to ride (albeit that I've only taken it around the block so far :oops: ).
I bought it as a stand-in until my new Canyon arrives in March.
I've already fitted a shark-fin to it :LOL:

I wondered what that green skinny thing was in your facebook pics mark. Hope it rides better than it looks...

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
trickylad":3e6lervs said:
makster":3e6lervs said:
I picked-up this last week... http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/250977318987? ... 500wt_1288
I love the look of the skinny Prestige frame and it feels nice to ride (albeit that I've only taken it around the block so far :oops: ).
I bought it as a stand-in until my new Canyon arrives in March.
I've already fitted a shark-fin to it :LOL:

I wondered what that green skinny thing was in your facebook pics mark. Hope it rides better than it looks...

Bloody cheek :LOL:
I think it looks rather nice.....

CIMG1762.jpg

I really enjoyed riding it. I did a 25 mile route that was mix of soggy sandy heathland, very muddy singletrack and some fast chalky downhills and it took it all in it's stride.
If I was going to keep it then I'd be looking to swap out the forks, but the rest of the kit worked a treat.
It was a shame that my favourite section of twisty singletrack was more like a swamp but it handled the twisty stuff that was rideable at speed fantastically.
The biggest smile was reserved for the fast downhill into Corfe though. My GPS logged me at 32 mph, which is just as quick as I managed on my full sus Trek.
I was shaking like a shitting dog on the really rocky downhill at Ballard Down, but that was the only point I really missed the Trek.
Looking forward to putting it through it's nocturnal paces on Weds eve :D

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
I was thinking he must be Retro with them gloves & well, I guessed he wasn't from Birmingham as it wasn't quite 'Bostin!'... :LOL:

I've just noticed this months What Mountainbike magazine has a test on British? hardtails.
Reviewing Cotic, Charge, On One, Genisis and Ragley.

This might give you an idea of what's for you.

Hopefully...however a bit late as I made a snap decision but lots of reviews tell me it's not all lost! Went with Cotic Soul...
Much appreciation to all who put their pennies in on this...specially Dr S...
Build thread a coming...

Back