1994 Brodie

kellyjk

Retro Guru
So as on any Saturday for me, my plan was to go to work. In the mean time a friend emailed me a link for a Brodie frame and Gatorblade for 50$. I outed it here with the intent to help anyone with shipping if they needed it( if they could secure the purchase) I went off to work happy in the knowledge I wasn't chasing such a bargain. ......But......By days end this Brodie (in my size) and Gator were mine.

The serial number is 3443 ...so 1994? I contacted Paul to see what he can tell me.

The frame and forks are a bit rough ...looking like they were left outside...eek!

The Frame will go to Dekerf and not Harold for the reason that Chris can fix any frame issues before paint. Issue 1 the front derailleur braze on is broken and that could be the tip of the iceberg

I had no intent ...to star with for this project but now I feel a bit different!

i will add pictures ASAP thanks

here are some pics ( sorry they are crap)

I sanded and primed the Gator and gave it a good cleaning and then I will decide how to move forward. Seeing the Mountain and Beach decal ...really made me smile.

So now the frame will go to Chris to see if it can be saved!

Re:

Best type of find/purchase when for no particular reason they seem to find you! :D

please do post pictures along with progress as it would be great to go on this journey with you, especially as the nights are starting to draw in over here and I noticed at the weekend the leaves are now (sadly) starting to change colour /drop.

Comfy chair, mug of tea and a good build tread = heaven,
neither the wife nor the bank manager can moan about that :LOL:

Nice find. Probably late 1994. I have an expresso in the 3100s.

Will it be a rider or a looker?

If it's a rider making it 1x8 wouldn't be a terrible idea. Just a thought.

Re: brodie

Thanks for the encouraging words. The colour will depend on the frame condition white would be nice but will show inperfections or eggplant could be a cool option. I had an Espresso in eggplant that was quite nice.

1 x8 or 7 is top of the list and race face components and no Syncros.

I willpost progress and start to gather race face bits .... this will be a casual build since I will need a project over the fall.

Does anyone know if 1 1/8 threadless gators are common?

Also a question that Roy can answer.... Can Harald still replicate the original Imron colours?

Re: brodie

kellyjk":3qyr5884 said:
Thanks for the encouraging words. The colour will depend on the frame condition white would be nice but will show inperfections or eggplant could be a cool option. I had an Espresso in eggplant that was quite nice.

1 x8 or 7 is top of the list and race face components and no Syncros.

I willpost progress and start to gather race face bits .... this will be a casual build since I will need a project over the fall.

Does anyone know if 1 1/8 threadless gators are common?

Also a question that Roy can answer.... Can Harald still replicate the original Imron colours?

Mine is threaded. I'll bet most of the 1994+s went with bouncy forks, not gators. I thought mine might have been one of the last expresso with them ... guess I was wrong :)

Re:

i know someone who picked up a threadless gator on ebay recently for $100. he ended up getting threads added to it.

Back