Yet another Pace RC-100 resto...

shedfull

Dirt Disciple
It took me 24 years, but I finally got one!!!

1526393_10151978167901716_1872978682_n.jpg

I want to get this back on/off the road and will be posting updates as and when I can. Your suggestions, ideas and experience are most welcome as this is my first project!

will be watching with interest. from the looks of things it looks quite tidy.
hopefully it won't develop any cracks like the one i had :(

is this he one recently on ebay??

looks awesome and would love one to add to my collection, imho the pinnacle of retro and progression in mtb, love um :)

watching with envy........i mean interest lol

Yep - there have been a few on eBay the last 24 months, but I finally decided to take the plunge.

Also picked up some Pace hubs laced to Mavic 231/517 rims, so now all I need is a rear mech, saddle, skewers and pedals.

The bike is with my friend in Leeds - once I have it and strip it, I'll take some photos and ask for advice on parts and sympathetic refurb vs full resto.

Looking forward to my new hobby!

Nice first resto!

Total classics these, and I would love to have one, even if I'm not so sure I'd love to ride one. :LOL:

Looking forward to seeing your progress.

I remember seeing a Pace in England 20 years ago on vacation with my Dad in a bike shop with a note saying: If you have to ask how much i cost, you can't afford me. Could have been in Brighton...

Nice! Looks like a good lot, really fresh.

That one had what looked like rattle can resprayed cranks though, Argos have the flouro yellow if you want them resprayed properly.

The forks are bubbling a bit so I'm thinking of a sandblasting them, the stem/steerer and cranks and then getting the lot painted - possibly with a clear coat over the stickers, but that could be a step too far.

I may put a vote out for flouro vs solid yellow :)

Mine was flat yellow back in the day. I then had prototype RC35 legs and a prototype negative rise pace stem in black, I think I had the bulls eyes repainted black to match.

Needless to say it developed a hairline crack on the chain stay even back then so was retired!

By the magic of eBay and Amazon, wheels and saddle now sorted :)

I hope to post some more pics soon, once I've got the frame out of my mate's shed!

Back