Dave Lloyd 753

ringo":2d2u0d1k said:
As a Fellow CATS owner... well done for saving that one. I thought it might be past saving!
Always worth saving a 753 in my opinion...

I honestly cant wait to see the end result, one VERY cool British Bike For Sure....!!!

Am I right in thinking this is your first foray with 753 ?

sinnerman":2ocnuu33 said:
I honestly cant wait to see the end result, one VERY cool British Bike For Sure....!!!

Am I right in thinking this is your first foray with 753 ?
Thanks mate, neither can I :)

It is. Obviously used to the 753 forks on the Zinns but not had a complete frame before.

elite504":2r1sjgst said:
Nice...
I love Dave's work. IMHO, he was the best 753 builder we had, shame he doesn't build any more.
The attention to detail is fantastic. So glad you saved her.
Not had the pleasure of owning a Lloyd before but always wanted to. When this popped up I couldn't help myself.

The frame - and fork come to that - is sublime and I couldn't do anything but save her...

Nice, very nice :cool:

Not knowing a huge amount about DL frames, or steel frames in general, can you explain about the 753 tube's, is it the feel? the weight?

What are you heading for build wise on this?

Niall.

Re:

Thanks mate.

Not a huge fountain of knowledge either so people please correct me if I'm wrong. I do know that steel frames have a lot more flex in them than aluminium frames. 753 is thin tubing as well and I believe there was only a few frame builders that use it because of the fragility of the material. Steel frames can always be fixed easily too :)

Build wise - Pace forks, XT throughout with 3ttt cockpit and Mavic MA40 wheels.

Re: Re:

Giom6":3b24v56z said:
Thanks mate.

Not a huge fountain of knowledge either so people please correct me if I'm wrong. I do know that steel frames have a lot more flex in them than aluminium frames. 753 is thin tubing as well and I believe there was only a few frame builders that use it because of the fragility of the material. Steel frames can always be fixed easily too :)

Build wise - Pace forks, XT throughout with 3ttt cockpit and Mavic MA40 wheels.

Ah cool, I think I should make more effort with steel, ally frames have always been my thing.
If going by your other builds, there is no doubt you will knock this one out the park :cool:

hopefully I will get to see one or all in person some day :)

Re: Re:

xxnick1975":3pkoxouq said:
What a paint job. Thats off the radar dude. Kudos, quite possibly the greatest thing I have ever seen.
Thanks mate. High praise indeed :cool: :cool:

Re:

Pace RC35's done :)

Full strip, new elastomers, polish, some new parts from Tim (Rocker, bolts, brake clamps) and the all important newly painted crown to match the frame :D

Headset next... :)

Enjoy

Latest posts

Back